• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Faces of CP

8Y4PjvF.jpg

What's the background story here? Is this for the Pacific Air Museum? Did you get to crawl through the -17?

I'm the Education Outreach Programs Manager at Pearl Harbor Aviation Museum (formerly Pacific Aviation Museum Pearl Harbor -- we changed our name back in October). We do a multitude of different youth education programs during the summer, and one of them contains a lesson on "What Is a Hero?". I've portrayed Joe Foss a few times, though we do not have a CMOH in our collection to show, unfortunately. We did some Foss "hero" work with the F4F and then some basic general advertisement filming around different various aircraft in character. I've climbed around inside Swamp Ghost before (the B-17, but I'm guessing you know that if you recognized PHAM). It's pretty crusty inside with lots of jagged metal around.

I'm the Education Outreach Programs Manager at Pearl Harbor Aviation Museum (formerly Pacific Aviation Museum Pearl Harbor -- we changed our name back in October). We do a multitude of different youth education programs during the summer, and one of them contains a lesson on "What Is a Hero?". I've portrayed Joe Foss a few times, though we do not have a CMOH in our collection to show, unfortunately. We did some Foss "hero" work with the F4F and then some basic general advertisement filming around different various aircraft in character. I've climbed around inside Swamp Ghost before (the B-17, but I'm guessing you know that if you recognized PHAM). It's pretty crusty inside with lots of jagged metal around.

That's cool! I flew in the Arsenal of Democracy over Washington DC a few years ago, and when we were parking our planes at a nearby airport at the end of the day, we saw a few folks who watching outside the fence. We invited them in to see the aircraft and one of them was Joe's niece. She was surprised anyone outside of South Dakota new who he was, but as a Marine I was very familiar with him.

It's probably been 10 yrs or more since I have been to the museum there, long before Swamp Ghost arrived. I need to go back for another look!