• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Fat Boy has landed!

I was thinking of that when I made it. One of the reasons it is too thick to be used with a standard size saw. Now if you had a 12" gas powered saw that would be different but those aren't known for their finesse. ;)

Ohhh, boy... Chiseling on it risks shattering the glass tube.

Rent a concrete or tile saw... Take thin layers off... Should be able to whittle through that in a couple of hours, once you find the tube :whistling:

Muriatic acid, if you can put a large tub below it, wear a mask with filters, and very thick gloves.

It's normally used diluted, and only works wherever you spray it, so it'll eat away the concrete but not anywhere else.

Just have LOTS of ventilation.

Muriatic acid, if you can put a large tub below it, wear a mask with filters, and very thick gloves.

It's normally used diluted, and only works wherever you spray it, so it'll eat away the concrete but not anywhere else.

It's dandy for killing mold, too. Try getting stome! It's in the recipe for crystal meth or some such.

It's dandy for killing mold, too. Try getting stome! It's in the recipe for crystal meth or some such.

I've never heard of using it for killing mold... I imagine it works pretty well on concrete surfaces with it, though. Gets rid of their home and everything.

Now I have something new to use at work, thanks!

I was thinking of that when I made it. One of the reasons it is too thick to be used with a standard size saw. Now if you had a 12" gas powered saw that would be different but those aren't known for their finesse. ;)

Ohhh, boy... Chiseling on it risks shattering the glass tube.

Rent a concrete or tile saw... Take thin layers off... Should be able to whittle through that in a couple of hours, once you find the tube :whistling:

You certainly are an evil one, Ray... :laugh:

I see you looking Jonesy......get to work :p

I use HCl on a fairly regular basis at work but only under a fume hood, the great outdoors should be fine. As far as gloves go, you only need a pair of nitrile gloves. So without further ado, let me introduce you to my newest helper.

hcl.jpg

I will be working with different dilutions as this particular bottle has a 37% assay.

Won't the reaction betweeen HCL and Concrete produce CLorine gas? Seems that stuff works pretty well outdoors, so history tells us.

Doc.

Won't the reaction betweeen HCL and Concrete produce CLorine gas? Seems that stuff works pretty well outdoors, so history tells us.

Doc.
I have a respirator with organic vapor cartridges on it just in case.

BTW Ray, I just wanted to thank you for some quality family time. Seems this has turned into a family affair now....my wife and son are chiseling away at it and won't let me near it. :laugh: . Steven is so fascinated at the idea of a cigar in the block that I'm not allowed to work on it at all without him being there to watch. They are making me a little nervous though.......

BTW Ray, I just wanted to thank you for some quality family time. Seems this has turned into a family affair now....my wife and son are chiseling away at it and won't let me near it. :laugh: . Steven is so fascinated at the idea of a cigar in the block that I'm not allowed to work on it at all without him being there to watch. They are making me a little nervous though.......

LOL...I can't believe you just Tom Sawyered your wife and son into chiseling that sucker.

LOL...I can't believe you just Tom Sawyered your wife and son into chiseling that sucker.

That is freaking halarious! :laugh:

That's the funny thing, I didn't.......they actually WANT to. :laugh: .

Doc.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm Hey Ray....are you willing to smoke this thing when Brian gets it out intact?

When you eat through the cap on the tube I'll be laughing my ass off. :D

I use HCl on a fairly regular basis at work but only under a fume hood, the great outdoors should be fine. As far as gloves go, you only need a pair of nitrile gloves. So without further ado, let me introduce you to my newest helper.

hcl.jpg

I will be working with different dilutions as this particular bottle has a 37% assay.

LMAO<=== Some crazy Moth F''ers on this site for sure! :laugh:

As thought, AVB placed the tube about 1/2 inch under the top, in the middle angling down about 15 degrees and to the left about 20 degrees. The capped end of the cigar was only 1/2 an inch from the end.

avbbomb001.jpg

Now nowing where the tube is, I got out the drill with a masonry bit and started drilling to speed the process up.

avbbomb002.jpg

Now comes the tedious part of chipping away without breaking the tube.

As thought, AVB placed the tube about 1/2 inch under the top, in the middle angling down about 15 degrees and to the left about 20 degrees. The capped end of the cigar was only 1/2 an inch from the end.

avbbomb001.jpg

Now nowing where the tube is, I got out the drill with a masonry bit and started drilling to speed the process up.

avbbomb002.jpg

Now comes the tedious part of chipping away without breaking the tube.

OMG! LMFAO! I am so glad that I was AVB's first victim and not the latest. I can see you going back to work after the weekend. "What did you do this weekend Brian?" :laugh: