• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Hot Potato Bomb

Guess we have more than 1 floating around now. :thumbs:

Indeed we do. There's a little cold spell going on here, so the potato was cooled off by the time I got home to it. I'll be sure to send it through the microwave before it goes back out! :) Thanks, guys.

---John Holmes...

Guess we have more than 1 floating around now. :thumbs:

Indeed we do. There's a little cold spell going on here, so the potato was cooled off by the time I got home to it. I'll be sure to send it through the microwave before it goes back out! :) Thanks, guys.

---John Holmes...

Hoped you liked the extra fixins I threw on it for you :thumbs:

Hoped you liked the extra fixins I threw on it for you

I took a quick look through the goods today at lunch. I'll have to go through 'em more tonight when I get home and see what looks good. :) Thanks, again.

At the request of "Spaceman Spiff" I have decided to send this space tater to the Lone Star state :whistling:

On a side note, it is d@mn hard to find a new person with a posted addy!

This will go out tomorrow.

Billy

Pretty amazing.........this thing has been going for two years this month!

One bomb 2 years??? LOL holy crap!
Thats crazy....crazy I tell ya!

I ran this through the microwave and packed the box full of Hot Hands hand warmers, so this potato should be hot for the next guy...

DC# 0306 3030 0000 5938 0484

---John Holmes...

One bomb 2 years??? LOL holy crap!
Thats crazy....crazy I tell ya!

Actually, there have been several Hot Potato bombs over the past two years. We typically retire the bombs when the summer months come along and re-start a new one in the Fall.

Here's a little history:

Doin a little Recon ....

WS launched 3 missles: HPB WS01, HPB WS02, HPB WS03

Rob_k: HBP WS01 renamed marvelous mystery HPB > smokelaw1 > wasy > JAEwing > schenker > gtphale > speedingpenguin > AdvAutoBob > theHatguy > :whistling:

Gandolf565: HPB WS02 > Kayak_Rat > DC not working ... possibly hectortmc > Herfin Bigdog > mlg270 > Some lucky Schmoe ???

Blue Dragon: HPB WS03 renamed HPB #007 > JAEwing > Gonz > PTownsend > ukyfan

Gonz: The Son of #007 > symn > SteveHawk > JHawk > possibly NullSmurf > BrewMeister > Mr_Wolf > Mr_Peat > OpusXKC > SMSUCigarguy > Fuscat > Jeff B. > NullSmurf > :whistling:

Wow ... these have been really difficult to track. Half the fun is to see where they go next, at least it is for me. Way back a bunch of posts, someone wondered if multiple Hot Potato Bombs were a bad idea, and it definitely seems that the consensus is for the idea that more bombs equals more fun. :thumbs: And I am all for that as well.

I would like to throw out a request that if you post that you were hit, mention where it came from. That will be the easiest way to keep a running tab on these, and it will allow for the mystery to remain, if that is the intent when not posting a DC#.

In any event, I'm glad to see these potatos a flying. Bomb Away!!! :cool:
- C

Wow, it’s impressive how many BOTLs these potatoes have visited over the past few months. They’ve traveled all over the country: MN, FL, TX, CA and numerous stops in between! :thumbs:

But with all that traveling, comes stress. :( Changes in humidity, major temperature swings, repeated handling by postal workers and BOTLs… all of these things take a toll on cigars. I’ve spoken with recent holders of the two busiest bombs (Son of 007 and the Marvelous Mystery HPB) and they agree that both potatoes are at or near the end of their life cycle (numerous sticks are cracked, dry, etc.)

So, here’s what I suggest:

We retire the two most well-traveled potatoes: Son of 007 and the MM HPB. The current holders of these two bombs should keep them, in their entirety -- give the cigars a nice home and a well-deserved rest. In place of the two retiring bombs, I will send out two new Hot Potatoes.

As summer approaches, I’d also suggest that we keep a close eye on all of the potatoes that are in circulation. Perhaps we should put them in humi storage for a few months with whatever BOTLs are holding them until summer passes.

Heads up a new Hot Potato Bomb goes out tomorrow! I'm calling it...

...the 82nd Airborne Division Bomb!

DC# 0103 8555 7498 2582 5564

The current rounds were launched this past October:

Fall is here and it's time for the Potato Bomb to resume its path across the CP landscape.

Delivery Confirmation™ Label Number: 0103 8555 7496 7310 5702

Same rules as always apply. The recipient has 3 options:

Option 1: You can keep all of the cigars in the bomb! Yep, there is no harm in keeping the entire thing if you want to.

Option 2: You can take some of the sticks from the package, reload it with other cigars, and send it on to another lucky recipient.

Option 3: You can take none of the cigars and send it on to another lucky recipient.

Have fun!!

The hot potato came with lots of nice fixins! Going to reheat and drop tommorow..... i wonder whos next.....

-- btw, this is a sweet bomb, I never even noticed this until I walked outside to see my mailman incinerated and melting the snow around his corpse. :(

Three times a charm....

What a friggen brain fart. Reply you idiot, "Reply".

After numerous attempts to get my targeting system repaired (you know it's Billy's fault), I think I have finally gotten it right.

Anyway, Spud's away.....finally. DC# 0306 3030 0003 5985 0779

For those of you who enjoy a laugh at someone else's expense....

Linky #1

Linky #2

Probabably gonna lose my "Spaceman" status now. :(

Hey guys, what a great suprise this was, I have never felt a patato that felt so good to have in my hands. Thanks Spaceman that was a great suprise, to end a shitty day. I took a couple and put some in. Tonight I will decide who is the next victim. I will have it on its way bye tomorrow afternoon. This is a great place, it is so nice to have people who share their smokes and knowledge with eachother, wouldnt want to be on anyother board. :D