• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The I got a pass on the road...

On a cheerier note, I appreciate Father T's, Mountain P's and Smokin' T's willingness to pass with me.

Just let me know when it's headed my way... I owe Tone big, this time :)

Misc said:
Rod said:
Quick update on this pass. It was supposed to goto Misc, however I had to skip Misc and send the pass to the next person on the list, which in MPasser. Reason being, Misc used a PO Box as a mailing address, and I can only ship via UPS. UPS will not send to a PO Box.  PO Boxes are also very unsecure. I will be adding to the "Rules of a Cigar Pass" very soon, stating no PO Boxes are to be used in a pass, unless the originator of the pass wishes to accept  PO Boxes. Not only does UPS not ship to PO Boxes, this is also for the safety of your pass.

Thanks,
Rod
WTF?!

I'd really appreciate it if you didn't make that a rule, Rod.

* I've been in dozens of passes and trades without a single problem.
* The whole POINT of using a PO box is that it's 100% secure, as opposed to my physical mailbox, from which things get stolen all the time.
* Who on the planet is unable to send anything via USPS?! Is this a religeous thing for you, or are you actually unable to use the post office for some reason?
* Every pass-master gets my addy from my profile, which clearly states it as a PO box and, in big, bold letters, "UPS WILL NOT DELIVER TO A PO BOX." I think folks can decide to have me in or out based on that, without you misleading them into thinking that I'm a security risk to their pass.

But, hey -- thanks, anyway. :(
Relax Misc. I said I am currently unable to ship via USPS, and my only shipping method is through UPS. I have not had good luck in the past with PO Boxes -- items have continually been "lost in the mail". You asked if this is a "Religious Thing" for me? Very mature statement coming from a grown man...

To answer your question as to why I am considering making no PO Boxes a basic rule (which of course the pass originator can change in his/her pass), is simply because it has no identity. If a box arrives to your home, that is a physical address, so you must live there, making the shipment much more secure and personal. And we actually know who is going to be receiving the shipment. Anyone can hide behind a PO Box. This is for the safety of passes.

Please do not twist my words around -- You just did a very good job at that with your previous post. I have said nothing negative towards you. I would have expected a more mature response from you than the one posted.

Best Wishes,
Rod

It occurs to me that Tony already decided on this pass. He knew Misc had a P.O. Box and he made the decision to include him in the pass.

Rod, although you are an administrator here, I think you were wrong in this case. Misc is not a stranger to this board, and he has been involved in other passes....and was included in this pass by the originator.

As Administrator of Cigar Pass, you have every right to decide how this board is run, and all of us abide by that....but as someone who has joined this pass, you don't really have the right to change the way it is run.....unless the originator has given you that right. (and if he gave you the right to change the order of the pass, then I apologize)

If I am speaking out of turn, then I apologize....but since this is a public matter on a public board, I just thought I would throw in what I think.

I do not know Misc personally, (although he was my "secret Santa" and he sent me a great package) and that doesn't have anything to do with this post.

Again, not trying to stir anything up...just my two cents.

HAPPY SMOKES!!!!

GB

Tony, I'm understanding what you told me about your passes now! Hope you guys get everything worked out! :D

Please understand I have nothing against Misc. I know he is a good passer. I SIMPLY CANNOT SHIP VIA USPS RIGHT NOW, I CAN ONLY SHIP VIA UPS. I ADDED A STATEMENT IN MY POST SAYING THAT PO BOXES ARE NOT A SAFE ROUTE FOR PASSES -- I HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO SKIP MISC. No where did I say not to pass with Misc. This whole thing is getting blown out of proportion.

I am sorry if anyone took offense to my statement regarding PO Boxes -- however I stand by my statement as I have not had the best of luck with them.

I never said don't pass with Misc. I never said anything negative about him.

That's all I have to say.

Thank you,
Rod

OK, GROUP HUG! EVERYONE EXCEPT THAT SHADOW GUY AND THE CIGAR IN HIS POCKET!

Rod, I know you meant nothing by it! I was just talking to Tony the other day and we were laughing about how his passes always have some kind of drama! LOL

I'm sure things will be fine! :D

It's true. Nobody joins Tony's passes for the cigars. It's for the excitement! :D

bandg.gif
bandg.gif
bandg.gif

???

Why can't I have ONE pass go without problems?

Just to put my hat in this, Rod's always shipped Via UPS since I've been on the board, and if he can't ship USPS, he can't ship USPS. Ted, You know I'd never cross you off a pass, and Rod, I asked you to be in the pass because I figured I'd get the head cheese to play in my yard.

Can we please stop and get back to the pass?

This message brought to you by the letters A, T, G and the number 4

Sorry Tony, I should have kept my big mouth shut. I wasn't trying to start anything. Sure wasn't trying to sidetrack your pass.

It is all out of my system now.

HAPPY SMOKES!!!

GB

We now return to our regularly schedule program........

So are we all ok now? Sorry if my first post seemed out there -- it wasn't intended to be. Tony, you'll get a pass complete soon with no drama. LOL :)

Ok, back to passing!!! :thumbs:

Wow the things you miss when your working. :) :) :)

"two frags... excellent... " is this CP or UT :) :) :)

just kidding.

I'm getting the pass next, Fun Fun < dance of joy > I'm getting a pass. Hey misc. there will be something in the pass when it gets to you from me. Sorry about the you getting skiped thing, but I'm getting a pass. Its all about me. :)

Mpass

Whoa. MP, you just said my two favorite letters in the world.

UT

Do you play? That's hands down my favorite game in the world.

Picked up the Xbox version the other day and have been playing like a madman online.

WHOO

same here Mpass. I take off for a couple of days and and hell breaks out...... :p

Tony,

I play UT but it’s not my favorite I like Medal of Honor the most. Have you ever played it? FT hates it, I think It’s to slow for him.

Oh by the way I got a package today. I’ll give you 3 guesses as to what it was. That’s Right your pass. Below are my puts and takes. Thanks for including me in your pass. I will give it to FT when he gets back from skiing this weekend I hope that’s OK.

Takes:
2 Don Diego SG babies
1 Arturo Fuente DC #2
1 CAO Odyssey
1 Punch Gran Cru Robustos
1 La Gloria Cubana Corona Gorda

Puts:
2 Arturo Fuente Cubanitos
1 Arturo Fuente Opus X Double Corona
1 Punch Gran Cru Robustos maduro
2 Punch rare corojo Rothschild’s
1 Partagas Black Label Pronto
1 Sancho Panza Torpedo
1 Ramon Allones Brioso
1 Padron Anniversary Torpedo maduro
1 Padron Churchill
1 Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Robusto

Mpass

WhoooHaaa

Those are some great puts MP. Hope you enjoy the takes :)

I've played MoH, and it's pretty good, I finished it in a few days on the PS2, I liked it a lot, really great graphics, but the gameplay is more strategy than twitchy finger fun :p I'm a gamer at heart, love all the systems, etc..

Anyways, ya, it's fine with me if you wait for the good Father, but please make sure it goes back out to Ted after you guys are done, ok?

Tank you

MountainPasser said:
1 Punch Gran Cru Robustos
Mpass
Just a little info on that Gran Cru, if it's the one I put in there, it's been in sleep mode for almost 3 years :) It should be a nice tasty treat now. WHOOT

I'm back from Breck and I gotta tell you my legs have felt better. First time out every year is always a struggle. For the record, I like MoH, but I've been geting too much of it in my diet. Plus the people I play with are lame. All they want to do is hide in a church tower with a sniper rifle. Q3A is my game (especially the freeze tag mod)...speed and strategy. UT's not too bad either. I finished that game when it first came out but I haven't tried UT2k3 yet. My main problem with UT was that I never learned the maps all that well. But you gotta love a game with a weapon called The Redeemer.

Warning....cigar content ahead
I'll do my p's & t's tomorrow and cast it back to the People's Republic of California on Tuesday.

I had problems with Q3, the graphics were so cartoony, and the colors so vibrant, that I'd lose people in the backgrounds LOL. So I stopped playing :p

People's Republic of CA

LOL Now that's funny

:)

I've never ski'd in my life. I just bought my brother a snowboard so I can live vicariously through him :p

People's Republic of CA

And this would exist where exactly? ;)

This is the year I try to ski!!! (Said that the last three years running too)
Not very good at first person games still play the wimpy levels on DOOM unless in invincible mode.

Anyway, I'm still here and paying attention to this pass, watching you all to make that box look real interesting for when it come to the middle of this land mass.

Robb :thumbs: