• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The journey through a 5 cigar day!

grateful1

Oh My!
The day started with a 2007 RyJ Corona - Fantastic - around 7:30 am....cruising down the New Jersey Turnpike.
Riding down 200 miles to Philly(no, I didn't get a cheese steak! :( ) went smooth.
We left my drive way at 5:44, filled the tank and got there just before 9am. :blush:

Once we circled around central Philly we finally found a parking lot a block from Holt's.
Tonie and I walked in and much to our dismay, they had a PIPE show/sale in the cigar lounge(in the shop).
After perusing a few cigars I called Anthony...he was just pulling up - around 10:30am.
We chatted at his car for a minute, called Carps and then he parked.
Once we all were in the are, we talked about some options.
Deciding to grab a coffee, we all decided to sit and wait for Mahogany's to open(it was 11:05 and they open at noon).

After some nice conversation and Carps ribbing his buddy about golf, noon arrived right on schedule! :D

We walked up the stairs and were seated in a nice spot.
The well rounded waitress took our order and we were off.

Some cigars were passed around and I perused my travel case.
I choose a wonderful cigar gifted to me by Eric(of Jack Schwartz) for winning his contest.
It was a 1999 Davidoff Millennium II (Perfecto Churchill, 7" 1/4 x 48) - WOW!!!

Now I smoke some Davi Milli's...and enjoy them al the time. This cigar...WOW...what complexity and flavors.
I have never smoked a Davidoff Mill. like this before!

While smoking and chatting, a fellow next to us leans over an comments about hearing us talk about cigar boards.
It turn out he's from Texas, up to watch his girfriend run in the Philly Marathon tomorrow.
We invite him over and in conversation it turns out he's on a few boards and here - but has not logged in for a while.
I hope he does!: thumbs:

After finishing my cappuccino and getting a coke, I grab for a Newer PLPC - Excellent.
The time is now about 1:30 and before I finish Carps and friend have to take off.
Anthony and I are able to sit and chat for a minute before Tonie arrives, Macy's bags in hand.
She went shopping - go fiigure!
We all site for a while longer and around 2:30 it's time to leave Philly.

What an wonderful break to the day!

Tonie and I head up to see her folks. They are about 1 hour north of Philly.
On the ride we chill and enjoy the afternoon traffic.

Arriving and leaving almost at the same time...we fly out of their area around 4:15pm - we stopped to pick them up some groceries..

We truck up to Allentown and met traffic all the way to 287 in NJ. A few miles before 287 I decide I'm tired and spark up a
1998 Punch Corona - Very Very Nice! (Another gracious gift from a friend.)

The smoke was perfect for the drive home. A nice dry Punch with tons of smoke and consistency!

We then stop at a buddy's in North Jersey for a quick stretch and off again. Now just after 6pm.

More tired and a little hungry we haul back to CT and pull in a little after 8pm.
I grab a sandwich and soda...Tonie takes out the dog...I turn the heat on in the garage and go grab a cigar.
Upon looking at my singles trays I think back on the day and decide....it was awsome so let's enjoy a 1998 Bolivar Corona Extra - What a night cap! :thumbs:

I sit here with my girl, my pup and my cigar. Most Excellent!

--------
Thank you again Eric...the Davidoff was nubbed in the company of fine friends!
Thanks to Carps and his friend(yea..I forgot his name)....it was very cool to hang and have a smoke.
Anthony...as usual...always a pleasure my friend!

That is one amazing day Gary! :D
Sounds like you enjoyed each & every moment, as it should be. ;)

I stopped reading after you said no cheese steak in Philly...

Sounds like it was a great day, and some killer smokes as well. I love well rounded waitresses. :D

Sounds like a great time. Mohagony's is such a nice relaxing atmosphere, you almost hate to have to get up and leave.

Dave

Memories! A five cigar day used to be everyday for a long time, now it's two at best. Really sounds like an enjoyable day. :thumbs:

The day started with a 2007 RyJ Corona - Fantastic - around 7:30 am....cruising down the New Jersey Turnpike.
Riding down 200 miles to Philly(no, I didn't get a cheese steak! :( ) went smooth.
We left my drive way at 5:44, filled the tank and got there just before 9am. :blush:

Sounds like an awesome day man....seriously..

One question though....You made it from Where to Philly in an hour and a half? It took me at least 2 hours from Bergen County when I was dating a girl down there, and seeing as you live in CT. ;). Wish I had your secret when I lived there ;).

-D

Sounds like a lot of fun. :thumbs:

Sounds like it was more like 3hrs and change

"We left my drive way at 5:44, filled the tank and got there just before 9am. "

Dave

Sounds like an awesome day man....seriously..

One question though....You made it from Where to Philly in an hour and a half? It took me at least 2 hours from Bergen County when I was dating a girl down there, and seeing as you live in CT. ;) . Wish I had your secret when I lived there ;) .

-D

It was an awseome day!

I actually pulled over the rte 73 bridge and onto Ditman St just before 9am. 15 minutes later I was loaded and off.
Via the map, it was 200 miles from my door to the guys house - yea, it's got a Hemi! :D

A day relaxing at Mahogany's is a fine day any way you look at it. I can't believe mid-day on a Saturday Holt's would do a pipe thing in their lounge. FWIW it is a nice lounge, every time I smoke in there I'm treated very well... bring me beverages, clear my ashtray, etc. Would have been nice to smoke one down there while you waited!

It was an awseome day!

I actually pulled over the rte 73 bridge and onto Ditman St just before 9am. 15 minutes later I was loaded and off.
Via the map, it was 200 miles from my door to the guys house - yea, it's got a Hemi! :D

Well when I'm trying to come back home at the beginning of next year...if you're up for a miniherf. I've gotta see this "hemi" ;)

-Damien

It was an awseome day!

Well when I'm trying to come back home at the beginning of next year...if you're up for a miniherf. I've gotta see this "hemi" ;)

-Damien

You don't see the Hemi...
You feel it!

-Rob

Yes it was a great time. I could have stayed there all day the company and the cigar selection was top notch. My only regret is I didn't get Gary his cheesesteak, always an excuse to come back though.

I will say this the staff at Mahogany's is very attentive. The pipe show was there for the whole week, so it did cut into our smoking time. Gary was extemely generous gifting me one of the Davidoffs. Carps as usual shared some great cigars and his friend was very knowlegable on cigars and enjoyed the day with us.

We walked up the stairs and were seated in a nice spot.
The well rounded waitress took our order and we were off.

I didn't remember anything past this point!

Haha, it sounds like a fantastic day. I seriously need one of those in the near future. :thumbs:

what a great afternoon it was. Although, I was a little worried about my buddy because I had to pull him out of my bathtub the night before because he was a 'little' under the influence and fell in. He was also the bearer of the saltiest egg sandwhich we grabbed on our way to smoke because the cart vendor unbeknownst to my buddy, but not me accidentily poured a pound of salt on his eggs. So, needless to say I thought me wasn't going to make through some smokes. He and I both smoked a LGC Med d'or '02 and they were sweet and mellow and just one fine smoke. As always Gary and Anthony were great company and we shared some good stories and passed some great cigars.

I thought I was the only one who saw how well rounded the young lady was? :love: :love: :love:

If you came up 287 N you missed me by 10 mins. I live right off where 208 and 287 split.