• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The LEAF FUND

Update:

4 boxes went MIA for a month. FINALLY they are being resent. Cross your fingers everyone.

Michael I got a hold of Kenny, so hopefully he will PM you. Thanks again!

Ok... for the second time... the 4 boxes that were sent for replacements... are now missing again. They say processed through port.... and never are scanned again. Somebody in the USPS or Customs is snagging them knowing nothing can be done. I feel bad for our supplier, but I'm asking for a refund and am going to get our cigars from a different place. I did suggest they unband and repackage so that if they are lost again a trace can be put on them. Anyway.... we are at a stand still until I get the funds back to purchase the remaining 100 cigars. I have never had this happen in all the time I have been purchasing cigars abroad.

Not an issue on my end. It seems like a lot of product is being held, I'm hearing this from a lot of folks out there.

Well... they have decided to refund us for the 4 boxes ... so we have 2. Now we need 100 more cigars to divy up. I'm thinking non isom now. We have aprox $800 or $200 a box. Any suggestions? I'm thinking something a little different. Maybe some El Originals or Santiago Cabana  ... Montesino? Please give some thought in how to spend $800 and be able to devide it equally by 75. I know I'll probably have to do it... but ideas would be apreaciated.

Just looked up El Originals, look interesting, always love something made here.

And let us not forget JohnnyO!

I got a great deal on a box of anejo 46's, I've also heard great things about but have not tried the magnum rosado's that are in that price range.  Maybe somebody knows of a vendor that can get us some Sharks/Sand Sharks for msrp?

Thanks again for hosting this, I trust that no matter what gets decided, it will be sufficient and tasty!

Not only are we out the currency conversion of about 30 bucks.... but now the Friends of Habanos cigar czar has decided to short us about $170 on the refund? I'v e written him a letter... maybe he'll do the right thing... if not.... we are going to need to take this to his bulletin board and complain... all of us! 

Here were the charges... 987.36 for the 6 boxes + 29.62 currency conversion charge = 1016.98

2  boxes arrived

I got 2 credits

1) -418.92
2) -75.60

so if you divide the 987.36 by 6 you get $164.36 a box right? So 4 boxes should be 657.44  That leaves 162.92  short ... a full box of cigars! I'm ok with us eating the currency conversion .... but not the rest!!!!

If any of you belong to the FOH website ... go send Rob a message. This has been the worst experience I have ever had with buying cigars. Although it didn't start out FOH's fault... the feet draggin' and now the short change has me furious!

That does suck.   I am surprised he has taken that stance with you.   Hopefully he will refund the balance after your letter.   If not, we can just add it to our losses.  ???

I've had this exact issue in October of last year. I ate the conversion fee, then I ended up eating half of my purchase. I've never ordered from them again.

Tony ... thanks Bro! If a few of you would send Rob a message... he is likely to do the right thing and reimburse us. With that said... and wkoti's post. I'm done with the FOH! I have gotten some fantastic cigars from them in the past. Actually some of the better quality purchaces ... And the 2 boxes we did get are sweet examples of the V R Famoso, but this blatant attempt to doop us closes my file and future references to them from me.

I was just notified that the remaining $$ will be credited back. Thanks if you had a part in getting our funds back. The Leaf Fund lost enough capital during the market colapse. We didn't need to get snaked by a cigar purchase gone bad. To make things work equally... I need to get at least 1 more box of VR's. Then 3 more boxes of something a little less stressful, ;-)  So 3 more boxes worth 550-600 and we are DONE!!!!!! I'm so ready to put the last diaper on this sons a gun. I bought us all a generic cigar bid cigar  75  closeouts cigars for $89 that would have put the usage of the remaining cash to a near $50 left to help me ship out the cigars. Now with the loss of tranfer fees and their addition errors. I don't have the time to refigure this crap! Would some of you shareholders offer up a 3 ...25 count boxes of cigars for $600 or less. I'd love ya for life ! Thanks everyone.

Michael glad it worked out, Michael don't sweat it. Buy some non CC cigars and be done with it. Tats, Fuente, Padron, or the like should do.