• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The New Palio Cutter Is As Good As The Old

Mindflux said:
Devil Doc said:
Let me get this straight. I must be criple because I'm not as comfortable with a device as you? Pesonally I prefer using a disposable scapel. It makes a clean percise cut without having to apply pressure to the cigar. Just pop off the top.

Doc.
[snapback]275927[/snapback]​

Well I see no other explanation for it. Let me ask you "why bother" with any cutters if your preferred method is a disposable scalpel? I've never had my Xikar, Palio or Havana cutters pinch my cigar, they all give nice clean cuts and none of them feel awkward to use.

So if you know you find a scalpel to be the most effective, why did you bother to buy/try a Palio?
[snapback]276024[/snapback]​
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Why in the world would you tell someone they are wrong about how they cut their own cigar and what their preference is in the tool they use? Are you an expert on tools? I know that I know a tool when I see one.:whistling:

Next you'll be telling people how to run their own contests, too. Oh wait...

hudsonvalley said:
... Next you'll be telling people how to run their own contests, too. Oh wait...
[snapback]290666[/snapback]​

Hmmmm... I don't know what this is in reference to, but I do know it doesn't have anything to do with cutters.

Choice of cutters, or lack thereof is as personal and subjective as one's choice in cigars. Each has it's own pros and cons. So use what works for you. It's not that hard a concept. :cool:

Me? I happen to like my Palio! :D

Had two Xicars... lost them. Maybe for the best though...
Decided to pick up a Palio from N2Adventure (Mark) at the Quad State Herf.
Love the feel of the Palio in my hand. I had the tendancy to cut my gars slightly crooked(I only used it 4X at the herf). The Palio blade is so thin and sharp a misangle is possible but I will get used to the new cutter soon. The slight misangle I experienced does not discourage me at all. It seems to me the cut is cleaner with the Palio then my Xicars. The feel of the Palio is far superior in my hand. The Palio is a simpler design. One of my Xicars got some tobacco or dirt caught in the mechanism that affected the smoothness of the action.
I liked my Xicar...
I love my Palio!
Thanks Mark!
-Rob

So Bigdog you're telling me that you're a maximizer, not a satisficer, when it comes to cigar accessories?

I remember discussing this whole issue with you at the DC herf at Shelley's.

rob300c said:
Had two Xicars... lost them. Maybe for the best though...
Decided to pick up a Palio from N2Adventure (Mark) at the Quad State Herf.
Love the feel of the Palio in my hand. I had the tendancy to cut my gars slightly crooked(I only used it 4X at the herf). The Palio blade is so thin and sharp a misangle is possible but I will get used to the new cutter soon. The slight misangle I experienced does not discourage me at all. It seems to me the cut is cleaner with the Palio then my Xicars. The feel of the Palio is far superior in my hand. The Palio is a simpler design. One of my Xicars got some tobacco or dirt caught in the mechanism that affected the smoothness of the action.
I liked my Xicar...
I love my Palio!
Thanks Mark!
-Rob
[snapback]290848[/snapback]​

I got one in the herf givaway, I think Mark (N2Adventure) donated and i'll be leaving my xikar in the golf bag for now on. I love the Palio's clean cut. Every cut!

Lumberg said:
So Bigdog you're telling me that you're a maximizer, not a satisficer, when it comes to cigar accessories?

I remember discussing this whole issue with you at the DC herf at Shelley's.
[snapback]290962[/snapback]​

You have me at a disadvantage as I don't remember what I told you during our discussion. You're going to have to remind me. With that in mind...a maximizer as opposed to a satisfier? Hmmmm...a satisfier of what? If I told you that I had several lighters and cutters, and if by doing so means I'm a 'maximizer', then color me guilty. :blush:

I have several cheap, butane lighters, all in good working condition. I have choosen to put my trust in the cheapo lighters because I found out that as with cigars where cost does not necessarily equate to quality, likewise cost does not equate to quality where butane lighters are concerned. The one lighter I purchased from a well known manufacturer that I paid over $25 turned out to be a piece of junk compared to the many 3-4 dollar lighters that I own now.

Although I do have several curved, dual-bladed, guillotine cutters, my Palio is my preferred cutter of this type. Sometimes I will bring one of the cheaper $10 curved, dual-bladed, guillotine cutters with me if I don't want to run the risk of loosing my Palio depending upon where I am going.

A satisficer is a person who goes for the bare minimum to get the job done. A maximizer is one who elects for the most comprehensive solution.

And I have no idea what you talked about with Lumberg. ;)

kevpriest said:
A satisficer is a person who goes for the bare minimum to get the job done. A maximizer is one who elects for the most comprehensive solution.

And I have no idea what you talked about with Lumberg. ;)
[snapback]291244[/snapback]​

DOAH! I thought that was a misspelling. I have been humbled. :blush: I looked up satisficer in my old Websters but could not find it. I should have looked it up in an online dictionary.

That being the case, I most certainly am not a satisficer. I suppose that I am a maximizer. :laugh:

Thanks for the assistance kevpriest! :thumbs:

Herfin Bigdog said:
That being the case, I most certainly am not a satisficer. I suppose that I am a maximizer. :laugh:

Based on all the stuff at your Hurricane herfs, I'd have to agree! :laugh:

~Mark

my collection of cutters is complete with the palio, i love and use them all. whether i use the xikar or palio or zino they do the job just right. once the cigar is cut the real enjoyment begins. :cool:

N2Advnture said:
Herfin Bigdog said:
That being the case, I most certainly am not a satisficer.  I suppose that I am a maximizer. :laugh:

Based on all the stuff at your Hurricane herfs, I'd have to agree! :laugh:

~Mark
[snapback]291383[/snapback]​

:laugh: What can I say? I want everyone to have the best chance possible to win something. And if having lots of loot to raffle means that I'm a 'maximizer', then I wear the name proudly. :)

Should I change my alias to Herfin MaxDog? :cool: