• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Official Fitness Contest Thread

Fine, start me at 222 then, let's just quit pushing the date back.

I wish someone had at least answered my post where I said I was starting last Monday ( the original start date I believe ) if no one had any problems with it.

But then again, once I decide to do something lie this, I do it, I don't wait around.

Seth

I also made a suggestion the the judge have the ability to award / pay more that one place because of all the different body types and goals involved. Anyone care to answer that one?

Both this post and the previous sound a but more snippy than they should. I am slightly irritated but not as much as these post make it look like I am.

Seth

I also made a suggestion the the judge have the ability to award / pay more that one place because of all the different body types and goals involved. Anyone care to answer that one?

Both this post and the previous sound a but more snippy than they should. I am slightly irritated but not as much as these post make it look like I am.

Seth

that is one of the reasons why I wanted to get away from a "weight loss" contest. Someone who is over weight by say 100 lbs has the ability to lose weight much faster/easier then someone who is 20 lbs overweight. I will be looking at alot of different aspects of this contest.

edit, I'm not sure exactly if this is what you are asking

Here's my pic

moment_133.jpg

I'd be open to this... What say ye, Erick?

Also, pics sent via Top Secret PM. :laugh:

If you don't have a online food journal, you should, it really helps you get a clear picture of what you eat. For example:

Calories - 1496
Fat - 39
Sat fat - 11 (too high)
Chol. - 270
carbs - 154
fiber - 22
protein - 138

From looking at this, i can see i need to increase my fiber, and the light cabot cheese i had on my pita sandwich had 3g of Sat fat, and the home made oatmeal cookies (2) had 2g, so i can see what i need to cut back on. I also noticed that 2 slices of whole wheat bread had 220 cal, so instead i went w/ 1/2 whole wheat pita that had 70 cal.

I can see exactly what i put into my body, thus can see where i need to tweak it. It's a bit of a pain to plug everything in, but i learned quite a bit about the nutritional content of food.

Oh yeah, and like Dave said, exercise 1st thing in the am, on an empty stomach, and don't eat for an hour after, that is the max. fat burn...

I'd be open to this... What say ye, Erick?

Also, pics sent via Top Secret PM. :laugh:

that is up to you guys, if you want to break it down to more the one person, its ok with me. Just say the word that you all agree on it and I will do it.

Just to be clear, I was not suggesting that you HAVE to award more than one, just that you have that ability.

Seth

If you don't have a online food journal, you should, it really helps you get a clear picture of what you eat. For example:

Calories - 1496
Fat - 39 - 156c
Sat fat - 11 (too high) - 99c
Chol. - 270
carbs - 154 - 616c
fiber - 22
protein - 138 - 552c

From looking at this, i can see i need to increase my fiber, and the light cabot cheese i had on my pita sandwich had 3g of Sat fat, and the home made oatmeal cookies (2) had 2g, so i can see what i need to cut back on. I also noticed that 2 slices of whole wheat bread had 220 cal, so instead i went w/ 1/2 whole wheat pita that had 70 cal.

I can see exactly what i put into my body, thus can see where i need to tweak it. It's a bit of a pain to plug everything in, but i learned quite a bit about the nutritional content of food.

Oh yeah, and like Dave said, exercise 1st thing in the am, on an empty stomach, and don't eat for an hour after, that is the max. fat burn...

Frank,

From looking at your daily intake, I can say one thing for sure. You need to eat more. Seriously. You weigh in at 184 pounds, putting your body under extreme stress with the Body for Life program and doing cardio on a regular basis, you will need more calories to achieve an anabolic state otherwise your muscles and especially your central nervous system won't be able to keep up. I'm not sure if your saturated fat is part of your total fat count, but judging from the calculations in red, it should be.

Try something more like this, of course you can adjust depending on how your body responds to the combination of exercises, muscle and fat gains/losses.

On your non-weight training days:

Protein - 200g - 800c
Carbs - 200g - 800c
Fat - 30g - 270c

Total - ~1870c

On your weight training days

Protein - 300g - 1200c
Carbs ~ 275 - 1100c
Fat ~ 40g - 360c

Total = ~ 2660c

And I am just lowballing the macronutrient and caloric needs. Most serious gurus would go with no less than 16c per pound of body weight on off days and somewhere between 18c - 22c per pound of bodyweight on weight training days. The saturated fats are incorporated in the daily fat totals, just try to keep it under 10 grams, although the more whole food protein you ingest, the harder this becomes, so maybe a protein powder is an option you might try unless you really like to eat canned tuna, boiled egg whites, and beans.

You are already on the right ideas, just make sure every bite you eat is full of quality nutrition, one cheat meal a week is fine or a cheat day every so often (but don't go crazy on that one day). Carb and fat manipulation is one of the keys to keeping in shape.

Yeah, my wife, who's a RN and well versed in nutrition, looked at my intake and said the same thing, i need to eat more. I calculated my intake yesterday, and it was only 1550 cal, and what's interesting is i wasn't hungry, amazing how when you eat the right foods you're not tired or hungry. Sounds like i need to eat 3 regular meals a day, then hit the protein shakes 2-3 times a day. Any input on what protein powder to use, i like the myoplex lite, it comes in single serving packets, so it's easy to take w/ me (190 cal, 25g protein), and a big jug of Gold Medal 100% whey (120cal, 24g protein), which is tolerable tasting.

Why do my thighs burn when i get to the really intense part of my cardio (primarily use stationary bike), and when i say intense, it's getting my heart rate between 150-170. I did a google on it, but i got a bunch of very technical mumbo jumbo that this old country boy couldn't understand.

Your thighs may burn for multiple reasons. I'd say probably an insufficient amount of Potassium. If you are just now starting to do more rigorous exercise than your normal daily routine prior to the contest....you could be working too hard, and in fact, being counter productive. If not already, take a multivitamin to makeup for eating so little.

As far as Protein Goes, I take two supplements. Basic Whey Protein from EAS and then of course, my Protein bars. There is a bar out there made by Nitro-Tech that is flavored like strawberry cheesecake. In 6 solid and consistent years of weight training, it is the only one that ever tasted good. You can find deals online for like 2$ a bar, boxes of 12. They have on average like 38g of protein if i remember correctly, try them out, you won't be disappointed.

Why do my thighs burn when i get to the really intense part of my cardio (primarily use stationary bike), and when i say intense, it's getting my heart rate between 150-170. I did a google on it, but i got a bunch of very technical mumbo jumbo that this old country boy couldn't understand.

your thighs burn because your ass is out of shape :laugh:

now send me those pics already :sign:

Back