• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The 'Other new Guy' Pass

Dave, you're certainly on top of things! Hey, btw, thanks for the awesome package from the pool! I like the peewee Indian Tabacs, cool! :thumbs:

[quote name='Misc' date='June 05 2002,4:04'][quote name='Smokin'Tone' date='June 05 2002,10:24']OOOOOk.  We've got our lucky 7, so here's the pass order:

Bryan, Leebo, Beast, Dave, J Lew, Hallis, Misc, Then back to me :)[/quote]
Works for me! :)

Hallis -- as I live out in the sticks, I get my mail at a PO Box which I typically only check a couple of times a week.  If you let me know when the box is headed to me, I'll be sure to check every day until it gets here.

Is it safe to assume that anything that started in the pass is safe to use as a replacement?  Hmmm, I guess that'd defeat the purpose for Tone, eh?  (Then again, since it's just Tony, maybe I'll take the box downtown and see how much I can sell it for ;)  Just kidding, Tony!)

But what I was really getting at is: I don't recognize half the names in the starting lineup, and have never smoked half of the ones I do recognize.  I guess I'd like some guideance about what constitutes reasonable replacement stock (I don't have access to ISOMs (yet! ;))) for my swaps.

If folks leave notes (or post here) about what they took and what they replaced with, that would be a helpful guide.  And if Hallis doesn't mind me asking, perhaps he can drop me a note with recommendations, since he'll know what's in the box headed my way.

Thanks!

I'm excited, this is my 1st pass (I'm also signed up for BW's newbie pass, but he's having ISP troubles :\)

Go, Tony, go!  :)  :D  :)[/quote]
Will do Bud. :)

Misc said:
When a thread changes forums, do I have to re-subscribe to keep getting it in e-mail?

That is, am I subscribed to "this thread, no matter what" or to "this thread in this forum"?

Thanks!    :0
The answer is: the subscription does *NOT* move with you.

Dave (or whowever's in charge): can you fix that? It's convenient to get e-mailed postings on threads I'm following, while it's a bid harder (not hard, but slower than e-mail -- I missed a day & a half of posts) to go look at a web-board.

The whole point of subscribing to a thread is to follow the thread. If it auto-unsubscribes you because and admin moves the thread, that defeats the purpose.

Thanks!
:)

I believe that's a "Rod" thing..... email him at Questions@cigarpass.com

Dave ;)

The 'Other New Guy' Pass has left the building!

Bryan, keep an eye out for the goodies, they're headin your way ;)

I'll post the tracker later, I left it with the 'lil woman.

Try not to pop those bubble thingys Dave :p I know how much you love that stuff.... hehe

-Tony

Hey Tony,

Good luck with the pass...looks like you're off to a good start. I was out of town last week and missed the opening or I'd have jumped in the pool too. In fact, I just noticed it in the 'In Progress' bin. This one got rolling in a big hurry.

Just hafta wait for the next one to come cruising down the pike.

FT-

Sorry about that.. I didn't even expect it to fill as fast as it did. I think I'm going to serve up another pass in a month or so. After J's pass, after my pass. Keep a look out, and I'll save you a seat in the next one. I wasn't even thinking, I think the excitment of starting one up clouded my judgement :p

-Tony

No apology needed Tony. Thanks for the offer to reserve a seat next time. Hopefully I'll have my eye on the ball and that won't be needed.

Whoops, sorry, forgot to post the tracking #

Here we go:
0302 0980 0001 5496 6025

-Tony

BTW, peeled eyeballs go great with Onyx Reserve's. The gooey soup of the eyeballs enhances the taste of the Onyx :p

And may I also add that I just grossed myself out pretty badly there :( ???

Here I am eating a nice bag of white grapes, and you guys gotta start talkin bout peeled eyeballs again. :sneaky:

LOL PB... Did you ever do the 'ol grapes and Jello thing for Holloween?

Ahhhh, memories....

Here's my flashback, I was about 5 when my mom pulled that on me, and I remember getting so sick I threw up for about 20 mins because I thought they were real. I wouldn't eat Jello again until I was about 20... LOL

Can't believe I just shared that.

heh heh, whats even more embarrasing is you know how old I really am... Do the math... Tell me that didn't traumatize me pretty good.

LOL