• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Phil Certified letter poll

What will happen to the certified letter I sent Phil?

• The letter will be returned; Phil moved and/or died

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The letter will be returned; Phil/family members will not sign for it

• The letter will be accepted, but Phil will not contact me or send the items I'm owed

• The letter will be accepted, but Phil will contact me saying he doesn't have the items anymore

• The letter will be accepted, and Phil will make good, sending the goods

• Total voters

moki

el Presidente
Here's some background info:

The plan was that I would purchase the Ashton VSG ER humidor, and I'd then send him the humidor and 50 of the 100 VSG ER cigars. After I'd already made the purchase, Phil said he'd changed his mind on the cigars (I sent him a few of my own sticks for him to sample, he didn't like them, he said). I said that's fine, I loved the cigars, and I'd just keep all of them.

I shipped him the humidor, in the same packaging that it was sent to me in. When he got it, he said the humidor was toast. We had UPS come out to look at it, and he shipped it back out to me. It looked like it had been dropped pretty badly a few times, and was indeed damaged.

UPS denied my claim, saying it was "improperly packed" even thought it arrived via FedEx to me in the same packaging in fine shape. They implied I should have had it packed at one of their UPS stores, so despite the fact that it was insured, and I'd paid for the insurance, I was out of luck.

I had a friend of mine who is a wood worker fix the humidor up for me gratis -- he even refinished the thing, and it looks and works pretty good right now. I told Phil I was having it fixed, and that I needed the credo units, hygrometers, and drawer dividers sent back to me. Inexplicably, when he returned the humidor to me, he only included the aforementioned hardware for one of the 4 drawers.

This was back in April. I basically ate the cost of the full set of cigars (I really wanted only half), I ate the cost of the damaged humidor (UPS sucks -- my friend rocks), and I'm still waiting for the credo/hygrometers and drawers so I can use it properly.

I've PM'd Phil many times, mostly I get no response. The same with calling him. I've emailed him, and his father... still no luck. This is my last shot.

I'm not mad; I'm sure there is some extenuating circumstance -- but I don't see why he can't just return the damn things.

...and the certified letter I sent him today:

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Phillip Whipple
4410 Sacramento Ave
Freemont, CA 94538

Phil,

In reference to my previous correspondence with you that dates back to April of this year:

Subject:  The humidor -- please read
Date: April 30, 2004 1:29:06 AM EDT
To: Phillip.Whipple@HCAhealthcare.com

I’m still wishing to obtain the remainder of the humidor from you so that I can use it as a proper, functioning humidor. Can you please send me all of the credo units, dividers, hygrometers, and everything else that came with the first shipment?

I am missing:

3 Prometheus credo units
3 Prometheus hygrometers
6 Mahogany drawer dividers

If you could please ship these items to:

Andrew Welch
14 Alvin Place
Rochester, NY 14607

…I would very much appreciate it.

Regards,

We can all have fun and track it together at http://www.usps.com/

phil_certified.jpg

Andrew,

Sorry to hear about this whole.....mess. You people have the patience of Ghandi, that's all that I can say. Hope that you do hear back from him sometime. ???

You did the right thing Andrew. I guess this is the last straw so to speak ???

I think you'll be getting an RTS (Return to Sender) for this certified letter. It's just really unfortunate its gotten this far with no resolution of any kind. We're talking hundreds of dollars of cash and items owed out to numerous people... grace period or not, this is ridiculous. :(

vewyphishy said:
I think you'll be getting an RTS (Return to Sender) for this certified letter. It's just really unfortunate its gotten this far with no resolution of any kind. We're talking hundreds of dollars of cash and items owed out to numerous people... grace period or not, this is ridiculous. :(
No disagreement there at all.

May I suggest that we CP members chip in and take care of Brother Andrew if he does indeed get screwed. Perhaps, as he suggested he doesn't "need" them, but as a matter of principle we should look out for our own (lord knows he has smoked more ultra premium cigars this week than I will in my lifetime :D )

PayPal makes it easy to drop money to someone, or Western Union BidPay if you dislike paypal. I don't know how much all of that nice stuff runs, but if 20 BOTLs chip in $10 each I bet that will put a big dent in his loss.

Sorry you are putting up with this crap Moki

Matt

txmatt said:
May I suggest that we CP members chip in and take care of Brother Andrew if he does indeed get screwed. Perhaps, as he suggested he doesn't "need" them, but as a matter of principle we should look out for our own (lord knows he has smoked more ultra premium cigars this week than I will in my lifetime :D )
Much obliged, but it isn't necessary -- I think there are other people that Phil owes money to as well -- TheJollyCo if I'm not mistaken? Would be nice to come up with a comprehensive list...

Only ONE out of 27 so far thinks Phil will make good :sign:

I'd say we have a pretty smart and enlightened group here.

Okay I WANNA know WHO the one member is who voted for the last option so I can be mad at you :D

it was me.

i'm wishing :p

ahahha, just kidding. I'm pretty sure this won't go thru. But hey, a long shot is better than no shot, eh?

Moki, should the list be here?
Or should there be another topic for it?
Or what?

I hope Phil comes back and clears all of this up. I still try getting him on my nextel but with no luck :( He had too good thing going to let his name get screwed up, it just doesn't make sense ???

thejollyco said:
Or what?
Sure, post it here. How much is owed, the background (if any), how long it's been owed, etc.

Triple_D said:
I hope Phil comes back and clears all of this up. I still try getting him on my nextel but with no luck :( He had too good thing going to let his name get screwed up, it just doesn't make sense ???
Well, I'd agree with you -- the only reason he got this long of a grace period is because many of us liked the guy, and had good faith in him. I think 6 months is long enough.

No doubt he is long past due. Does anyone know if he is alive and well?

moki said:
thejollyco said:
Or what?
Sure, post it here. How much is owed, the background (if any), how long it's been owed, etc.
Well, I entered a trade with Phil, sent him a few FFOX's for a XiKar cutter at the end of Feb/beg. March.
After nothing for a few weeks, he PMed me to say he was sorry for the delay, would send them w/ a bonus asap.
Not long after he dropped off the radar and have never heard from since.

thing is had no prob w/ him before this, can understand if stuff comes up, just not too cool to let it hang for 1/2 a year.

1 XiKar Cutter /or, a pack of FFOX's

I say it's time for a road trip to locate Ole' Phil...... ;) :thumbs: :sneaky:

Triple_D said:
No doubt he is long past due. Does anyone know if he is alive and well?
When I corresponded with his father back in June, he didn't indicate that anything was amiss in terms of Phil's health. He just said he'd talk to Phil to get the stuff sent out. His father stopped replying to me too, unfortunately.

cough check this out cough.

check the link above... phil was posting there as well... but stopped in january '04.
it's about pda's.

okay, now the background info.

Okay, here's what happened. Somewhere in November or December... There was a nice sale on coobans somewhere. Sam wanted some stuff but he didn't have any money. Being of the christmas spirit... early... i decided to help a brother out. I told him i would help him buy the special deal and he could pay me back whenever he could. (Hopefully it will be sometime next month). I decided i wanted some siglo III's. I got phil into siglo iii's, and since we were chatting online in the chat room, i asked him if he wanted to split a box. He was like sure. Phishy was also in the chat room, and he got in the deal too.

Now, this particual seller was having a contest for some kind of herf or something. To automatically be entered into the contest, 1 ticket = 350 bucks of purchase. I was already like a fair amout past that, so i asked if anyone wanted anything, seeing as how i could have 2 tickets entered. (IF i had won, i would have... prolly held a contest here and given it away. I can't travel... i have school! But mistah wk-mang won the drawing :p.) Phil decided he wanted a box of aged Sancho Panza non plus. It put me 7 bucks over the $700 dollar mark, which was perfect.

So, I sent phil the box of non plus, and 15 siglo iii's. I think he wanted to give vewy something else, which is why i gave 15 of it to phil, instead of 10. Vewy paid phil, and i guess phil was going to lump all the payment up into one check or something.
Heh, that never happened.

I'm also pretty sure that he owed me something else, but i'm not sure what. Mainly because i don't remember.

so... a box of sancho panza non plus, and 15 siglo iii's....?
i could probably calculate it to the dollar amount... but lazy... you know.

gah, stupid christmas spirit. my heart grew 3 times that day.

i haven't been nearly as motivated as moki in getting back what he owed me.

kudos to moki for effort.

i generally let things happen... naturally. perhaps this was not the best case in this particular senario... then again... would i relaly have made a difference... ???

bah. too much thinking. head hurting. must talk like caveman to reduce brain functions.