• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Phil Certified letter poll

What will happen to the certified letter I sent Phil?

• The letter will be returned; Phil moved and/or died

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The letter will be returned; Phil/family members will not sign for it

• The letter will be accepted, but Phil will not contact me or send the items I'm owed

• The letter will be accepted, but Phil will contact me saying he doesn't have the items anymore

• The letter will be accepted, and Phil will make good, sending the goods

• Total voters
coventrycat86 said:
I'll be going back to work on the first Wednesday in January so ya might see me slow down a little as of January 5th ;)
[snapback]151453[/snapback]​

:0 Won't having a job interfere with doin nuthin? :p

So do tell, what you gonna be doing? Politics related?

Well Moki, has anything happened? All this time and still nothing?

WOW.

You are one patient man. I appreciate your spirit through all of this. You have been a big inspiration to me. Thanks!

Come on Phil. . .If you are reading this, make good and put this to rest.

HAPPY SMOKES! ! !

STEVE

HA HA HA. . . .Sorry Jolly! ! !

Of course you are an inspiration too!

No kidding, the way both of you (AND ANYONE ELSE IN SIMILAR SITUATIONS) have handled yourselves through this shows alot about your character. You guys are both GREAT.

I am sorry for passing you by Jolly while passing out kudos. . . .please accept my humble apology.

HAPPY SMOKES! ! !

STEVE

Phil stated that he lost his job, and the various cigar-related obligations he had pending were the last things on his mind... and he sent me a DC# for the package he sent to me last week, which should have my various hardware in it.

I'm away on vacation right now (will be returning tomorrow) so beyond that, I don't really have any other info.

GuyanaBoy said:
Well Moki, has anything happened? All this time and still nothing?

WOW.

You are one patient man. I appreciate your spirit through all of this. You have been a big inspiration to me. Thanks!

Come on Phil. . .If you are reading this, make good and put this to rest.

HAPPY SMOKES! ! !

STEVE
[snapback]154056[/snapback]​

Everything owed has been sent out. Just waiting for it to land. Shouldnt be more than a day or two

Just an update here... Phil did indeed send me back the credo elements, hygrometers, dividers, and other associated items. I received them today.

Just an update here... in my initial post, I stated that a friend of mine fixed the humidor -- that's mostly true. He did his best, but it actually leaks enough humidity that it is unusable. It sits in my basement right now, empty.

I was left stuck with an expensive humidor that Phil said he would be buying (which apparently arrived damaged), cigars Phil said he would be buying, insurance not covering anything, and spent months trying to contact Phil to get the rest of the hardware back. Finally after contacting his father, he sent the rest of the hardware along, and I was stuck paying for everything (it was supposed to be a split, with him paying the bulk of it and getting the humidor).

Phil recently contacted me saying that he shouldn't be on the scumbag list -- I feel that he should, for the reasons outlined above, but I agree that the "ripped off" comment is no longer entirely accurate.

I won't post his email, because it basically just states "I don't think I should be on the scumbag list, or at least it shouldn't say that I ripped you off". I agree with the later part to an extent, though he certainly did back out of an arranged deal and leave me holding the bag in a big way.

Comments/opinions?

Wow! Talk about dredging up the past. After two years he wants all to be forgiven.....not long enough in my opinion but that is really your call. You should change the wording to reflect the actual situation though.

On a different note, perhaps you could post pics and put a price on the humi. There are a number of woodshop guys here who might want to give it a shot besides myself.

Wow! Talk about dredging up the past. After two years he wants all to be forgiven.....not long enough in my opinion but that is really your call. You should change the wording to reflect the actual situation though.

On a different note, perhaps you could post pics and put a price on the humi. There are a number of woodshop guys here who might want to give it a shot besides myself.

I agree with AVB. He should be on the list. Post some pics of the humidor. I'd like to see it. After building my own I know that weather stripping can go a long way. LMK if I can help. If not, Wade is pretty good at the old wood shop.

He should stay. How did it wind up that you had to pay up front plus bear additional freight on the humi? The logical course would have been that he buy the deal, then sell half to you. It seems like his behavior indicates that he was going to stiff you all along.

When he made the deal, he assumed the risk of damaged goods, with or without insurance. This noob says keep him on the list until he makes good...if ever.

There are a couple people on the list that I don't know if they should be, Phil is not one of them. He ripped you off, IMHO.

I agree with Matt...The list, while usefull, should not be all taken as entirely correct. I think he deserves to be on it.

Personnaly, I think it is your call Moki. Although I am not sure he would be a welcome addition to the site...

Doug

After reading all this I think he should be on the list. Communication is the key in all this. This should be a read for those new to cigar boards to know what not to do.

However, it's your choice Moki.

Phil is not a thief, in the sense that he didn't steal from me. We entered into a high-end buy, after I'd bought the cigars + humidor, he decided he didn't want the cigars anymore. This might be because of his financial situation, or perhaps he just didn't want them anymore... but it was after the fact, which is unfortunate.

I wasn't thrilled that the humidor split was no more, but I wasn't terribly upset that I'd be keeping all of the cigars (still, it was an unplanned for expense, and not what I'd expected to happen). I then shipped the humidor to him in the same packaging I received it, and somehow UPS managed to break it. Despite the fact that it was insured, and that it had been shipped to me in the same packaging without incident, UPS would not cover it.

This is where I start to get a bit upset at the situation. Phil had already changed the agreed to deal, and now the humidor he said he'd be purchasing was damaged.

Was it his fault that the humidor arrived damaged? No. Was it my fault that the humidor arrived damaged? I have a hard time accepting blame, since I just reshipped it in the same packaging it arrived to me in, and I did my due diligence and insured it.

Clearly UPS was most at fault for damaging the humidor, but we had no recourse there. I think the stand-up thing to do would have been to have called it a mutual loss, and split the costs. But that is not what happened.

The thing that added insult to injury was the ridiculous lengths I had to go through to get the rest of the humidor back from him. I was even writing letters to his father. This should not be so.

In the end, I was left with a broken humidor I didn't want, the full load of cigars I thought I was splitting, the shipping costs, aggravation of trying to contact him, and I foot the bill for everything except the cost of him shipping the broken humidor and accessories back to me (after a very long delay, and much unreturned communication).

So after thinking it over, and discussing it with Phil, I think he should still be on the list, but I do think that the description of the reason should be changed. And that's that.

I had a great trading relationship with Phil for a year or so before this happened. I feel like we became good friends. I was stunned at his behavior regarding this deal. I hate to say it but I don't think Phil should ever be removed from the list, regardless if he ever makes good. For all the reasons Moki stated in the above post the damage was done and can never be taken back. What a shame.