• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Quinfecta

wkoti

Flaky McFlakerton
So I've either cured cancer or created a insulin resistant form of diabetes, either way I'm in the record books.

I call it the Quinfecta, are you ready? You may want to be sitting down for this.

In a 13" x 9" throw away lasagna pan you pour in chocolate chip pecan brownie batter and bake until chewy and delicious. Turn the brownies out uncut onto a cooling rack and allow to cool. While they are cooling, reuse the pan and pour in devils food cake batter and bake until fluffy and moist. Turn cake out uncut onto another cooling rack and allow to cool. During this cooling period it's time to make the rest of the dessert. First make a pie filling of your choice (I prefer strawberry) place in the fridge to cool and set. Make chocolate fudge pudding and place in the fridge to cool and set. Make whipped cream and place in fridge to cool and set. Make vanilla cream cheese frosting and place in the fridge to cool and set. Time to start layering. Place the brownie right side up back into the bottom of the pan, spread pie filling on top of the brownie in a even layer. Place devils food cake right side up on top of pie filling and press down to remove any pockets of air. Pour frosting onto the cake and spread evenly. In a piping bag, evenly disperse the pudding on top of the frosting. Repeat the process with the whipped cream. To add an extra diabetic effect, crumble oreos on top and cover with plastic wrap or the provided lid. Place in the fridge over night and serve. For neater portioning place it into a freezer for several hours until solid and cold, cut with a knife and plate portions. (Leave them on the counter for 15 minutes to soften up the layers!) VOILA you are now 15lbs heavier than when you started reading this!

I'll put up a picture tomorrow at Kendall house.

That's not healthy, but I'd give it a taste I suppose  :whistling:

How can that not be healthy???  It has fruit (strawberries) and milk (in the cake, whipped cream, and chocolate).  It probably contains no sugar what so ever...

I was good up until the fruit filling part....it just seems a little on the healthy side with the fruit. Is there anyway one might be able to fit bacon in there?

what about bacon and honey mixture on top rather than the oreo's

Ok... That could possibly be the best sounding desert  I've heard of.

CJ, are you sure that's the whole recipe?....I think you left out 8 or 9 other steps. :rolleyes:

You are an evil man CJ. My soon won't stop bothering me about this. He wanted it for breakfast.

I couldn't get a good picture, but I did get a picture. It doesn't do it justice, I believe Kendall can attest to that. I'm glad I left the rest with Kendall, I would have ODed by Monday.

photo_zps4005f045.jpg

I wonder if I could make a Paleo version, just need to remove the flour, cookies, pudding, cream and sugar.

Tim

MX said:
I wonder if I could make a Paleo version, just need to remove the flour, cookies, pudding, cream and sugar.

Tim

Heh yeah, I'm in the same boat kinda, just need to remove the flour.

But yeah, I would eat that, but in a celiac friendly form, it looks delicious.

pyro92 said:

You would have to make your own recipe for each layer like I did, or buy gluten free versions of each item. If you make it you could use a rice flour or oat flour (a combination of both would be even better) mixed with xantham gum for a similar texture to wheat flour.

wkoti said:

You would have to make your own recipe for each layer like I did, or buy gluten free versions of each item. If you make it you could use a rice flour or oat flour (a combination of both would be even better) mixed with xantham gum for a similar texture to wheat flour.

I've made brownies and devils food cake both from scratch and from box mixes. The cake usually turns out good both ways but the brownies are always really heavy. I'll have to make them from scratch and make this. I don't get to have dessert a lot.

Dense is a good thing, so you have a nice solid bottom layer that won't be crushed or fall apart when removing it from the pan.