• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Vitasea Project, Cigars 1-5

Great reviews guys whats up next? I hope to see another one before
i disappear next week for the land of OZ.

Well,

There's only the Partagas Salomones and the Cohiba Espléndidos left. Lately my sinuses have been giving me some trouble so if the Cohiba is of the same blend as the earlier CoRo, it might be too much for me right now. The Salomones is a genuinely beautiful cigar, resembling closely an authentic specimen I had some time ago. I think it might be the Salamones.

Matt, what do you think?

Wilkey

Sam,
Just finished the book. I thought that Life of Pi was clever and had some fairly clear "life lessons" implanted in it, but overall, it wasn't magnificent. It was a quick and pleasant read though. I sort of lost it at the floating island.

In any case, it was far better written than The Lathe of Heaven by Ursula K. LeGuin. I picked this novella up after viewing the DVD recently and though it filled in some gaps, the writing was close to shlock. I used to read a lot of SciFi and I guess my tastes have changed somewhat. I seem to recall that Robert L. Forward was a decent writer and scientist.

Thing is Wilkey, one of the main things you in theory get from production cigars is consistency. From Vitasea's "home roller" I highly doubt there will be much consistency in terms of the blends from cigar to cigar, let alone from year to year.

So even if you liked one ore two of his cigars, who the hell knows what the next batch would be like.

Thing is Wilkey, one of the main things you in theory get from production cigars is consistency. From Vitasea's "home roller" I highly doubt there will be much consistency in terms of the blends from cigar to cigar, let alone from year to year.

So even if you liked one ore two of his cigars, who the hell knows what the next batch would be like.

Absolutely right on, Andrew.

I stated as much in my review of the "CoRo." Let me clarify by saying that I was making the connection between the CoRo and the Espléndidos based solely on the fact of their being available at roughly the same period in time. This might, at best, confer some measure of similarity between the two specimens. But I am in full agreement that consistency on any scale beyond a batch is not likely.

Wilkey

Not sure if I'll get a chance to smoke anything this weekend or not. Have a lot of stuff going on, but I'd say the "esplendido" over the salamones.

On the consistency issue: It's not the roller per se, that will determine the success of his "custom" roled cigars, instead it is the blender. As I understand it, the roller did not decide the blends for these cigars. He just provided the labor to produce them. So, if the blend is repeated, there should be at least a minimal chance that these could be duplicated. That is why you only hear of a few top grade rolers who roll customs. they not only have the rolling experience, but also the blending experience. Therefore, they are able to duplicate their custom roled cigars, to some degree, based on the blends they prefer to use. I wouldn't put a lot up against betting that these would be all that consistent. But, on the other hand, if the gentleman who vitasea is "partners" with has any hands in this, it is at least somewhat possible. But, at the prices that these were alluded to costing, not worth the time.

Not sure if I'll get a chance to smoke anything this weekend or not. Have a lot of stuff going on, but I'd say the "esplendido" over the salamones.

On the consistency issue: It's not the roller per se, that will determine the success of his "custom" roled cigars, instead it is the blender. As I understand it, the roller did not decide the blends for these cigars. He just provided the labor to produce them. So, if the blend is repeated, there should be at least a minimal chance that these could be duplicated. That is why you only hear of a few top grade rolers who roll customs. they not only have the rolling experience, but also the blending experience. Therefore, they are able to duplicate their custom roled cigars, to some degree, based on the blends they prefer to use. I wouldn't put a lot up against betting that these would be all that consistent. But, on the other hand, if the gentleman who vitasea is "partners" with has any hands in this, it is at least somewhat possible. But, at the prices that these were alluded to costing, not worth the time.

Right, but it'd also require not just a blender, but also a steady supply of consistently grown, primed, and cured tobacco... I'm more than a little skeptical that this is anything that can be provided by this source....

Has Vitasea been banned from this site? Cause last night in chat someone logged in with "Seavita" and then quickly logged out.

Zee,

Vitasea has been banned from CP. However, Seavita is not him. He's a new guy from New York. You'll find his intro thread in the Intro forum. He herfed with the NYC guys and is aok. :thumbs:

A bit of an unfortunate choice in screen names but oh well.

Wilkey

Zee,

Vitasea has been banned from CP. However, Seavita is not him. He's a new guy from New York. You'll find his intro thread in the Intro forum. He herfed with the NYC guys and is aok. :thumbs:

Wilkey

An odd screenname for sure, I attribute it to hooliganism.

:p
Zee,

Wilkey

Hey.........I represent that remark..... :p

:p
Zee,

Wilkey

Hey.........I represent that remark..... :p

...and I'll vouch for that remark! :whistling: