• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Vitasea Project, Cigars 1-5

Great review! Glad to see even though he's shit and the cigar was fake that it was still a pleasant smoke that didn't make you want to off yourself! I also look forward to the rest as it sounds like a pleasant little test we have here.....at least through round 1!

Yup,

It's been ok so far but then I've only smoked one. :D

I don't know whether I should tackle the "Partagas Salomone," "Hoyo de Monterrey DC" or the "Flying Pig" for the next review. There is also a Cohiba DC or Esplendido but it looks a lot like the "CoRo" I just smoked.

I'll be back tonight to update the first post with a picture of all five Vitasea smokes.

Wilkey

Yup,

I don't know whether I should tackle the "Partagas Salomone," "Hoyo de Monterrey DC" or the "Flying Pig" for the next review. There is also a Cohiba DC or Esplendido but it looks a lot like the "CoRo" I just smoked.

I'll be back tonight to update the first post with a picture of all five Vitasea smokes.

Wilkey
Nice review!! Way to take one for the team! :thumbs:

Since they all don't look the same, I wonder if he used different tobaccos for the different brands. I've always been a fan of HdM, so my vote is for that one. :)

WOW Wilkey! What a review! Seems like you had an undeniably unique experience with Vitasea's ceegars. Maybe we all need to put on our hairshirts and consider unbanning him?

Psych :laugh: ;)

Man... QUALITY review Wilkey. Good job!!
Sounds like a cigar that migth be worth trying after reading that.

NEXT! :thumbs:

Yup,

Wilkey

I'm beginning to wonder if Moki stacked the deck by sending the genuine articles.

NAH!

Bruce,

I'll post the picture of the five cigars in a few minutes. You'll see that aside from the Partagas Salomones none of the other three banded cigars even remotely resembles their genuine analogs. If anything even has a chance of being authentic, that would be the one. What's unfortunate is that I just had a Salomones in my possession. I could have compared the two directly if I had it but it's gone to a better place. :)

Wilkey

Bruce,

I'll post the picture of the five cigars in a few minutes. You'll see that aside from the Partagas Salomones none of the other three banded cigars even remotely resembles their genuine analogs. If anything even has a chance of being authentic, that would be the one. What's unfortunate is that I just had a Salomones in my possession. I could have compared the two directly if I had it but it's gone to a better place. :)

Wilkey

I wouldn't be able to tell an authentic cigar from an umbrella. I have read some of the other reviews of the festible cigars though. Seems there are a couple of well made fakes in with the lawn clippings.

Do the flying pig next! Isn't that the one that is supposed to be the behike?

I don't think so. The Behike is a big sucker but the Pig is short and fat, maybe 60-64rg. I think we're looking at the end of this week for the next launching.

Wilkey

If I had the time and patience to actually write a review, the one I would have written on this robusto would have been just about exactly what yours was. But, I never hold an ash on a cigar that long, as it affects the flavor, IMHO. This cigar was STRONG, but not unsmokable. This was much better than the Toboadas that were coming out of the LCDH in Mexico the last couple of years. I'd pay $3-$5 a piece for them, but not much more.

Wilkey, LMK which one you plan to smoke next and I'll try to do the same one.

That was a great review! Everything was well documented, especially with the photos. I look forward to future reviews about the cigars from the hairshirted one we call Vitasea!

If I had the time and patience to actually write a review, the one I would have written on this robusto would have been just about exactly what yours was. But, I never hold an ash on a cigar that long, as it affects the flavor, IMHO. This cigar was STRONG, but not unsmokable. This was much better than the Toboadas that were coming out of the LCDH in Mexico the last couple of years. I'd pay $3-$5 a piece for them, but not much more.

Wilkey, LMK which one you plan to smoke next and I'll try to do the same one.

Right on, Matt. I will let you know.

Thus far, I've not noticed an effect of ash but then I try to clear out the cigar on a semi-regular basis. It was strong, but IMO it was enjoyable. I'd pay $3-5 but it sounds like he's looking for $12-14 and at that price, it's a no-go.

Wilkey

I don't think so. The Behike is a big sucker but the Pig is short and fat, maybe 60-64rg. I think we're looking at the end of this week for the next launching.

Wilkey

What? He claimed to have a Behike? Aren't those the new anniversary Cohiba's that cost like a million dollars each? (I exaggerate to clarify)

That's right, he claims to have some unbanded Behikes.

Wilkey

This reminds me of a trip to Mexico, when the locals tried to sell me Kaluha, with no label on the bottle. They apparently fell off in the rain :laugh:

Close, but no cigar ;)

Wilkey

This reminds me of a trip to Mexico, when the locals tried to sell me Kaluha, with no label on the bottle. They apparently fell off in the rain :laugh:

Close, but no cigar ;)

Oh my.

I'm sure it was wet. It was probably even brown. But beyond that...I wouldn't take the chance. :D

Wilkey

Edit: noted that this was my 1,500th post. Woohoo!

Wilkey

Close, but no cigar ;)

:laugh: That's pretty scary. Anyway while in Mexico you can pretty much get Tequila as cheap as water so why go for Kaluha? :)

Wilkey

Close, but no cigar ;)

Oh my.

I'm sure it was wet. It was probably even brown. But beyond that...I wouldn't take the chance. :D

Wilkey

Wilkey, 1500 posts! Where's your contest man? I'm calling you out! :rolleyes: