• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The wife's "Humidor"...

Tall Paul

"insecure little bitch"
Last week I had enough of tripping over the wife's "pumps" all over the bedroom as I'm trying to get dressed. I ordered some shelving and remodeled the master bedroom closet for here Birthday Present. When it was all said and done the wife stood there, opened the doors and said "this is my version of a humidor". I started to laugh and thought I would share the story with you guys. Here is a couple pics of the finished closet. 

gallery_13257_1651_481189.jpg

gallery_13257_1651_1732717.jpg

If you guys have a similar issue I would Highly recommend these shoe shelves that I got at Home Depot. They were a little pricey but in the end the work great and look even better!

Paul

That looks like a pro install. Very well done.
Tell me again why I sent that bomb to you and someone else with no effing tools?

Thank god I married a North Country woman.

Doc

I wish my wife shoe collection was at that level. She just cleaned up a bit and gave away 32 pairs. She still has well over 150 pairs of heals, boots, and flats.

Thanks everyone for all the kind words!

beyond the band said:
That looks like a pro install. Very well done.
Tell me again why I sent that bomb to you and someone else with no effing tools?

I question the same thing from time to time...LOL

Slick300 said:
Very nice Paul. 'The Shoemador'

LOL The wife and I both got a kick out of this!

Looks great, my only question is: Where is she hiding the rest of her shoes? Don't tell me that's all she has.....just like she thinks she knows how many cigars you have right? Hehe

How much were they bro? Might need to do the same thing.

jfields said:
How much were they bro? Might need to do the same thing.

$59.97 each and what you see in her closet was 6 shelves (2 stacks of 3). I got them at Home depot and they shipped them for free. They also have 2 other colors in case white doesn't work for you. I went with white because the existing shelving that was in the closet that I moved around or removed was white.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/202475237?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&storeId=10051&superSkuId=202858096&N=5yc1vZc1xa&R=202475237#.UUXDdhzVVDY

Paul

Brickhouse said:
Looks great, my only question is: Where is she hiding the rest of her shoes? Don't tell me that's all she has.....just like she thinks she knows how many cigars you have right? Hehe

That's really all she has that was scattered all over the closet floor. She has a little room left to get a few more pairs but the deal was if there is no room on the shelves then cant buy more till she make some room by getting rid of some! As for my cigars she knows what I got and is very cool with it... 

Nice job Paul but if you think she won't bust your balls when you start that humi project in your closet; think again!

That's a fantastic job Paul!  Kudos to you, I'm sure that was some big brownie points for you.  Having done something similiar for my wife 4 years ago, which also included shelving for clothes, purses etc, I know from experience what Brickhouse is referring to above..........now that the floor is clear from "debris", that just creates "new" space for more shoes!!!.... :laugh:  :D

Paul awesome job on the closet man. I'm sure your thoughtfulness will be rewarded.
I need to do something like this in my walk-in closet. You have inspired me.