• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Thinking about ordering a 100% custom humidor

I've been smoking for a long time but I typically just consume them and not collect them. I don't think I started collecting a bit until I decided that I liked to age sticks a bit and that some of the EL and special stuff was actually quite good. That's obviously more expensive, mainly because you're buying 20 of an expensive cigar that you're then going to smoke at the rate of one a month or likely one a quarter. They're lasting 10 years, but you're paying up front.

I've had pretty good luck with that really. The books are all wonderful cigars. The Trinidad's are all '98 Fundadore OR boxes (why I saved them) and I still have around 70 sticks. They're all amazing and I gift a few here and there to people since it's so hard to find old sticks that are good.

The valuable stuff is really in the plain metal bin in the bottom, just because I don't have a box I really want to store them in and I don't want them open to the world on top.

Thanks for the advice Tone-NY. I think the fact that you have twice as many bottles (and vertical fans) and the beads especially, must keep a real balancing effect.

Take a look at my gallery and you see the actual spacing of the bottles and fans. You'll also see a photo of the carcass of the cabinet where the cooling unit was installed and insulated.