• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

This has got to stop.

I've had mold issues with 77s and WOAMs.

For the money we spend, this is unacceptable. Until this is resolved, I'm off the Fuente maduro bandwagon.

Rob

Meant to state A. Fuente & Newman in my post above...and, because of that, to also ask -

Has this been present in only A. Fuente sticks? Anyone finding this in VSG's for instance?
Just picked up a couple of boxes of VSGs (Illusion and Enchantment) that I haven't yet even cracked. Will be opening those babies when I get home just to check 'em out.
I just recently brought in a box of Illusions and they were fine. But VSGs a cigar that is not unusual to find mold on at the cigar shops. I've seen moldy VSGs at three local B&Ms.

Wilkey

Just contacted cigarfamily. I'll see what they have to say about quality control issues I've raised.

So far I haven't noticed anything on any of the woam's or maddie Hemingways. Dammit I was hoping that I wouldn't need to unsheathe all of the Anejos but I have no choice.

Stop the insanity! :0 All of this talk of the "M" word is driving me crazy!! You would think that such products that have been mentioned and are released in such limited quantity would be monitored a lot closer for quality? I am disappointed in all of these posts, it is making me second guess my willingness to shell out all of that money. On cigars that are obviouly flawed and potentially dangerous to other smokes in my humi, one would hope the Fuente family looks at this issue closely and hopefully it is addressed in some form soon.

I've been lucky. The WOAMs i got recently have been ok. but it definitely seems like a lot of folks are having this problem.

I got a sealed box of broadleaf Sharks this year. Same problem though: mold. I wouldn't mind brushing all the mold off of each one, but the ribbon at the foot makes it very difficult to get back into the cello afterwards.

One of my Cameroon Sharks is growing some mold too. =(

*goes to check his sharks and maddie Hemingways...*

All good... :thumbs:

edit: cammie sharks is good too.

Someone better start washing their hands before rolling their cigars.

Maybe it's a good thing I didn't get my hands on any this year. That is an unacceptable amount of cigars to have a mold problem. Have you bought any other boxes that didn't have issues?

Maybe it's a good thing I didn't get my hands on any this year. That is an unacceptable amount of cigars to have a mold problem. Have you bought any other boxes that didn't have issues?

I bought a box of Cuban belicoso SG, a box of Hemingway classic Maduros, and another box of WOAM that all appear to be fine.

I just inspected all of my Anjeo and Opus X sticks. Pulled all the cedar off of the ones that are still wrapped (to prevent cedar sap accumulating more than anything) and found no traces of mold. My humi has been steady at 69deg and 68% humidity. Hope you have better luck on your next order.

Ditto that. I just went through my Opus, Anejo, and VSG boxes and found nothing to report. Unfortunately, I also seem to have misplaced my Cameroon Shark. :(

Wilkey

X3. Just checked them all and the only one with mold was one of the cammie sharks. Mark Twain let us know what you hear from Fuente. It will be interesting to read their take on it as it is obviously so widespread.

Thank goodness I haven't had this problem. But I should check all of my cigars just in case.