• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Time for a lifestyle change...no longer a "Fat Texan"

Awesome progress, Jake! I trust seeing the dramatic results will be motivation to stay the course.

Not to sound weird, but you carry 311lbs well.
LOL. I'm guessing he's pretty tall. I stand 6' and the only time I ever felt short as an adult was on a visit to Houston. There be giants in Texas!

That is fantastic Jake! You've actually inspired me with this thread. Started lifting weights again, just bought a treadmill, and going to join my old dojo and get back into martial arts...been a long time.

I myself have been starting up on a new workout and keep looking here for motivation. Very happy to see your graet result Jake.

Paul

Good work brother, keep it up. This is the hard part because the results won't be as evident to you but just stick with your plan and trust in the results. When I lost my weight (particularly in the middle) I had the same mental image of myself at the my heaviest. I didn't really believe people when they told me that I looked like I was loosing weight until I looked at pictures of myself before and after. Keep taking those pictures and monitoring your weight and stay motivated.

This is the absolute truth.

200912.jpg

IMG_0599.jpg

Not to sound weird, but you carry 311lbs well.

I was actually thinking the same thing. I just didn't know how to say it and not sound weird.

That's the one benefit to being an ex-athlete, not far removed (only about 5 years) from being in my pique physical shape. Before I got on the program I maxed on my lifts and still benched around 300lbs. I chalk it up to the density of muscle (it's still there, I just could never see it). Not to mention, I'm 6'3"...I'm sure that helps a bit. This is probably why I never admitted my problem to myself. My favorite drinking game with old friends was "guess how much Jake weighs." No one ever came close to 362. In fact, rarely did someone guess i was a 300 pounder, I usually got high 200's. Fortunately, I admitted I had a problem and decided to fix it.

Hit 55lbs. down this morning, weighing in @ 307lbs.

So far my triglycerides have dropped from 310 to 140, cholesterol from 190 to 160, my BP is now normal, I've lost 2.5in. in my neck, went from a size 50 pants to a size 44 and dropped from a 3x to a 2x shirt.

Also, Breedy....those are some nice results bro, I'll be joining you in the next few months.

So Jake, you seem to have lost so much weight that you can probably put a mirror on the floor and see your own GOOCH. That is so cool!

That's the one benefit to being an ex-athlete, not far removed (only about 5 years) from being in my pique physical shape. Before I got on the program I maxed on my lifts and still benched around 300lbs. I chalk it up to the density of muscle (it's still there, I just could never see it). Not to mention, I'm 6'3"...I'm sure that helps a bit. This is probably why I never admitted my problem to myself. My favorite drinking game with old friends was "guess how much Jake weighs." No one ever came close to 362. In fact, rarely did someone guess i was a 300 pounder, I usually got high 200's. Fortunately, I admitted I had a problem and decided to fix it.

Hit 55lbs. down this morning, weighing in @ 307lbs.

So far my triglycerides have dropped from 310 to 140, cholesterol from 190 to 160, my BP is now normal, I've lost 2.5in. in my neck, went from a size 50 pants to a size 44 and dropped from a 3x to a 2x shirt.

Also, Breedy....those are some nice results bro, I'll be joining you in the next few months.

Hey Jake how the progress going?

Paul

Dude this is awesome! im 5' 11" and weigh 285. I NEED TO LOSE THIS. I can't afford any sort of medically monitored diet though.. what do you suppose i can do? you're an inspiration ;D

Dude this is awesome! im 5' 11" and weigh 285. I NEED TO LOSE THIS. I can't afford any sort of medically monitored diet though.. what do you suppose i can do? you're an inspiration ;D

Change your diet and committ to regular daily exercise. Nothing wrong with any plan you use to lose weight and improve the quality of your life. Cut out fast food, fatty food, and junk in general. Eliminate sweets and sodas. However, once or twice a week let yourself "cheat" and have something like a cheeseburger or pizza, but have it in moderation. Eat 2-3 slices of pizza and a salad, instead downing a whole medium pizza. But the biggest key is regular exercise. Start with what you can comfortably do. Walk 2 miles, then when you feel up to it, jog a mile, then 2 miles. As girlish as this may sound find a cardio DVD you are comfortable doing (for me, it's kickboxing and tae bo). You have to really committ to it. It's not easy at first, but if you can get through the first couple of weeks it starts be become a habit or routine. After a few months exercise can almost become an addiction (at least is has for me.) I committed to losing weight in March 2011. I'm 5'7" and at the time I weighed 288. I was type II diabetic and on blood pressure medicine. As of last week I weigh 205, and I'm determined to get rid of the last 5 and get below 200. I no longer take insulin, and while I still take one pill a day for blood pressure, my doctor says he just wants me on it as preventitive, and not as a treatment.

Progress has significantly slowed...but is still being made. I hit 301 this morning....61lbs total...on the cusp of a rather large achievement.

Keep chugging away, buddy. Its a marathon and you're going to hit a couple walls on the way. *pompoms*

You've got me inspired, that's for sure. I started cutting 500 calories off my daily intake this week, and am going to "cowboy up" and get back on the iron pile in February.

Since I'm on full replacement Synthroid, my maintenance calorie level is already below what most guys my size would drop down to on a strict diet, but I can't stand it anymore. Gotta do whatever it takes.

~Boar