• Hi Guest! Don't miss out on this year's Secret Santa event! Sign Up Today!

Time to drop the homepage?

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
We have about 20 articles that are part of the core website (homepage). Since articles don't get posted often, I'm thinking of dropping the CP homepage and just having the forums. I can install a portal homepage which is tied directly to the forum.

What do you guys think?

bfreebern

Yada, Yada, Yada.
I don't use or look at anything on the home page, forums only here. Thanks for everything Rod, this is the only forum I participate and read on a daily basis.

BlindedByScience

Proud Father of a brave U.S. Marine
Can't tell you the last time I went to the homepage. Sticky the great threads linked from the home page that have solid info, lose the home page, sounds good to me.

CBoukal

Long time Newbie
Is it hurting anything? As cigsid said he visited that first. Maybe like everyone said sticky a few main posts there and let it ride

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
I'll put a portal in place of the homepage. Any articles on the core site will be made into threads and pinned under a Cigar FAQ (or something) section. Stay tuned. :)

MichaelD

What does this button do again?
The home page is how I found the forum. It might be interesting to know just how new members are finding the place.

MichaelD

What does this button do again?
What comes up first in a 'search'?

A homepage may be best for 'hits' and folks checking things out.

Then if they really want to get into a forum...they will.
This pretty much described me. I didn't start out looking for a community. I started out looking for general information when i started my cigar journey. I'd consider the home page the foyer. No one hangs out in the foyer, but it does serve to welcome guests.