• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Time to drop the homepage?

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
We have about 20 articles that are part of the core website (homepage). Since articles don't get posted often, I'm thinking of dropping the CP homepage and just having the forums. I can install a portal homepage which is tied directly to the forum.

What do you guys think?

I don't use or look at anything on the home page, forums only here. Thanks for everything Rod, this is the only forum I participate and read on a daily basis.

Can't tell you the last time I went to the homepage. Sticky the great threads linked from the home page that have solid info, lose the home page, sounds good to me.

Don't really use it either, but it does have some good info for people new to the forum.

I agree with the general consensus... Although, that was the first place I visited before I joined...

Is it hurting anything? As cigsid said he visited that first. Maybe like everyone said sticky a few main posts there and let it ride

I'll put a portal in place of the homepage. Any articles on the core site will be made into threads and pinned under a Cigar FAQ (or something) section. Stay tuned. :)

The home page is how I found the forum. It might be interesting to know just how new members are finding the place.

I say keep it if its not causing any issues. Although, after I stuck around awhile I never really used it.

What comes up first in a 'search'?

A homepage may be best for 'hits' and folks checking things out.

Then if they really want to get into a forum...they will.

What comes up first in a 'search'?

A homepage may be best for 'hits' and folks checking things out.

Then if they really want to get into a forum...they will.
This pretty much described me. I didn't start out looking for a community. I started out looking for general information when i started my cigar journey. I'd consider the home page the foyer. No one hangs out in the foyer, but it does serve to welcome guests.

Just put a picture of me on the homepage. :) Hi Ron!

Just put a picture of me on the homepage. :) Hi Ron!

e40b1ea521862d3d31757e0f9850cea7.jpg

I decided to keep it. I have some ideas how I'm going to integrate it more with the forum.