• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

TJM

BkCloud114 said:
This is why people cannot just come here to sell. This is a community. If a new-guy comes along and offers up some smokes for sale and a FOG questions it, other newbies can't understand why the FOG said something to him. This is the reason. These FOGs have been around here and other BB for a long time and can see a "snake" from a mile away......

Stop critizing what they do.... learn from what they do...
[snapback]300112[/snapback]​

Also the reason we question when a newbie wants to run a pass ;)

:cool:

bfreebern said:
junkman_56 said:
Zeebra said:
Look at all the sales/trades:

edmox(s,t)
JOE M.(t)
Zeebra(s)
Junkman_56(s)
Smithers(s)
Blue Dragon(S,T)
marcsheldon(s)
brewmeister(T)
wshell(T)
jgohlke (T)
husker(newbie Trade)
Issac(T)
smitty0255 (T)
mlg270 (s,t)

I wonder how many others from other boards?
[snapback]300101[/snapback]​
Yeah, I am on this list.
I was sold 5 WOAM's for $45 (which included shipping), not a bad deal.
I'm hoping these cigars were not "gifted" to him from another BOTL. ???
[snapback]300110[/snapback]​

They were mine, now send them back.
[snapback]300114[/snapback]​
They have all been mysteriously consumed by fire.
Arson I think… :whistling:

I learned my lesson. From now on I stick to guys that have been around, and are well respected on the boards. No more buying off guys like this.

BkCloud114 said:
Zeebra said:
Meh, this whole episode has left a bad taste in my mouth.
[snapback]300099[/snapback]​

This is why people cannot just come here to sell. This is a community. If a new-guy comes along and offers up some smokes for sale and a FOG questions it, other newbies can't understand why the FOG said something to him. This is the reason. These FOGs have been around here and other BB for a long time and can see a "snake" from a mile away......

up until this post i could'nt understand what was going on. thanks for clarifying things. guess this proves that the fogs DO know more from experience. thank you all! :cool:

I usually dont contribute to these, cause Im too new to get envolved.

But I have had a few PM's from this guy since Ive been here.

He once wanted to buy my old 300ct humidor for a lot cheaper then I wanted (which I didn't publicly advertise in the BST)
And on a couple occasion when I did put a few 5'ers up for sale, he would always want to trade with me, but would offer sticks that were nowhere near the value of what I was offering.

He constantly offered Anejos, Opus's, etc, but would always offer sub-par sticks.....

I dont get it...I love this community, I would never want to do what he did. Fairness in trades and purchases, for me, is very important.

Also, I want to say thanks to the senior members for outing people like this, it makes trading a lot safer for everybody. And shows the new members, that this shit isn't tolerated.

Edited for spelling

He wanted me to buy him a box of LFD Lanceros and said he'd trade me CAOs and some others. I passed.

Directory entry for TRAVIS J MILLER

Name: TRAVIS J MILLER
E-mail: tjm5019@psu.edu
Mail ID: tjm5019@psu.edu
URL: http://www.personal.psu.edu/tjm5019
Address: 190 HUNTERS LANE / CHAMBERSBURG, PA 17201
Title: UNDERGRAD STUDENT
Campus: MONT ALTO CAMPUS
Curriculum: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION

Ok guys, I am the newb who bought these from him. I only have one opus in my humi, one hemingway in my humi and no Anejos. I just wanted to have an extra to keep in my humi after I tried my first one. I just can not accept these cigars and keep a clear conscience, so I have emailed him asking if he would refund my pP payment. Even though it means giving up some choice smokes, I feel it is worth it to help out the community.

I am not very active here, because this is not my 'home' board, but I still spend a bit of time here.
(sorry for the copy/paste from the other post, I just want to be clear, my initial intentions were clean...

edit to remove pp (What was I thinking!)

The Master said:
As usual the great detective Moki has outted another scumbag. He is all done at CF.
[snapback]300148[/snapback]​

Wasn't me Harris... Emo bagged this guy!

moki said:
The Master said:
As usual the great detective Moki has outted another scumbag. He is all done at CF.
[snapback]300148[/snapback]​

Wasn't me Harris... Emo bagged this guy!
[snapback]300153[/snapback]​

Let's not forget BK Cloud either! :thumbs:

BkCloud114 said:
bchem said:
I'm surprised he lasted this long. Nice watching out emo!
[snapback]300021[/snapback]​

Emo ???...... I helped a little also...... :whistling: :p :D

http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?...ndpost&p=299147
[snapback]300032[/snapback]​

You're right, I did see you checking up on him in the B/S/T forum, so I should give credit where credit is due. Slipped my mind, but good eye BK and everyone else that was keeping an eye on this guy. :thumbs:

BkCloud114 said:
Zeebra said:
Meh, this whole episode has left a bad taste in my mouth.
[snapback]300099[/snapback]​

AMEN to that!

drew_goring said:
Ok guys, I am the newb who bought these from him. I only have one opus in my humi, one hemingway in my humi and no Anejos. I just wanted to have an extra to keep in my humi after I tried my first one. I just can not accept these cigars and keep a clear conscience, so I have emailed him asking if he would refund my paypal payment. Even though it means giving up some choice smokes, I feel it is worth it to help out the community.

I am not very active here, because this is not my 'home' board, but I still spend a bit of time here.
(sorry for the copy/paste from the other post, I just want to be clear, my initial intentions were clean...
[snapback]300150[/snapback]​

I don't think he'll cancel, I'm sure he just wants to "take the money and run" at this point.

Yikes,

I guess I barely escaped being on that list. He, in effect, solicited me for a trade as well.

Wilkey

I've always been of the opinion that if I give someone a cigar that they can do what they please with it. When it's left my hands, it's none of my business what happens to it. This doesn't mean that I wouldn't be pissed off if someone turned around and sold it. It also doesn't mean I would condone it. What happened here is deception plain and simple and the guy had to realize he was going to be found out and obviously didn't care. So, while a ban helps us, it doesn't really affect him. I say whoever has his pass, keep it and do whatever you think is right. He's just going to sell the stuff anyway. Add him to the scumbag list so that other forums can be aware of him.

In fact he sent me a PM explaining he is a poor college student wanting to try Opus, Anejo, and Padron. He was in the chat room one night while I was smoking something. Someone asked me to link a picture of my humidor at the time and I did.

He then asks me if he could get some of my sticks in a trade if my memory serves me. I just blew it off because I didnt get these sticks to sell or trade to someone else. Was for personal consumption only. :D And we all know I love cigars. :0 Needless to say I just blew him off. I looked at his profile at the time and saw he was new. maybe i should have piped up then. I wont be so silent next time. :thumbs:

Couldn't he just find some local guys to sell thsi stuff to? Then no one would have ever found out. Hell, that's what I do.... :laugh: Either that or The Master and I just trade it back and forth.....