• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

To 'cat back' or not?

grateful1

Oh My!
What say you?

Also - if anyone knows of a wholesaler for Mopar or Borla....ummm, PM me! :thumbs:

i've heard a couple with the systems put on at car shows and the right one makes the car sound sweet.
i say go for it, nothing is ever good left stock

I had cat back straight pipes on my 97 Mustang GT. It had 3 Catalytic Converters on each pipe, so I just cut the mufflers off and welded pipes in it's place. Thing sounded better than Flowmasters, the converters quieted it down to just the right sound! And it only cost me 30 bucks!

I had cat back straight pipes on my 97 Mustang GT. It had 3 Catalytic Converters on each pipe, so I just cut the mufflers off and welded pipes in it's place. Thing sounded better than Flowmasters, the converters quieted it down to just the right sound! And it only cost me 30 bucks!

After hearing the options in use, I opted for a MAC cat back on my '96 Mustang GT. Got a great deal for it from a friend's brother who owns a performance shop. It was a special order for a client who then never showed up to have it installed. Took it home and did it myself in an afternoon. Bolted right up, no fabricating. $80 and it sounds exactly like I'd want. Deep, throaty, and the pipes are the larger, brushed stainless which give it a nice look.

If you are wanting more power you need an air intake system to. Cat back gets exhaust out but you need to get more air in to.

I have a Flowmaster on my Ram. I like it a lot but many have said it's quite obnoxious. Haven't run into any problems. Plus I love the throaty sound my truck gets when it idles. I had an expensive cat-back DC system on my old Civic. It cost a good chunk of change but it was high quality and gave the car a more intense sound and slightly better performance without the "tinny" sounding crap systems that could be had cheaper. Even still, the CHP didn't appreciate it one night and wrote me up a fix-it ticket.

Cat back :thumbs:

Where's the eye candy?

My Ram came with a factory set up.

Sweet.

Where's the eye candy?

Yeah, we want to see it from all angles. Get a nice shot from behind so we can see 'er pipes.

Or you could make us a nice youtube, so we can hear what it it sounds like when it's really revved up :D

Where's the eye candy?

Yeah, we want to see it from all angles. Get a nice shot from behind so we can see 'er pipes.

Or you could make us a nice youtube, so we can hear what it it sounds like when it's really revved up :D

Mine has had her tail end opened up a bit, but she still sounds all throaty when I open her up....

we are talking about or wives right.....

Tim

It's in already!

K&N CAI. ;)

You could also consider a larger throttle body, which is a cheap and simple job. As are the larger injectors.

Oh man...YOU'RE going to cost ME money!!!!!!

PM me your 'idea'! :thumbs:

Why larger injectors for what he's trying to do?
I can see the larger throttle plate maybe for improved air flow. Better off just buying a chip, or the tool that manipulates the programming of the PCM controlling things like the pulse width of the injectors to give more power, etc.

It's in already!

K&N CAI. ;)

You could also consider a larger throttle body, which is a cheap and simple job. As are the larger injectors.

Oh man...YOU'RE going to cost ME money!!!!!!

PM me your 'idea'! :thumbs:

Why larger injectors for what he's trying to do?
I can see the larger throttle plate maybe for improved air flow. Better off just buying a chip, or the tool that manipulates the programming of the PCM controlling things like the pulse width of the injectors to give more power, etc.

He'd thinking down the road....supercharger! :D

But, you're right...as I've got one on a 55chevy, we'll keep this one simple!

He'd thinking down the road....supercharger! :D

Think of that sound. What's that I hear? It's a daemon...in a jet!...With lions strapped to it!

Besides, if you've gone through all the trouble to purchase parts and you've gone allll the way under the hood...Might as well get the most out of your time, yeah?