• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

To Nub or Not to Nub?

How far down do you typically try smoke your cigars?

• I always go for the nub!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I smoke them pretty far down, leaving maybe an inch or so.

• I let the cigar tell me when to stop.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I rarely smoke them more than halfway.

• Total voters

Ginseng

Banned
Just wondering how far down folks typically try to smoke their cigars. There are pro's and con's to nubbing a cigar. Sometimes sticks end up fingerburners and other times they turn south well before the end is reached.

What's your philosophy of smoking? Do you always try to get "the most" out of your cigar and if so, what does this mean to you?

Wilkey

I always let my palate dictate how far I smoke a cigar. Nubbers are sometimes few and far between smokes. I'm looking forward to warmer weather as that helps the nubbing factor.

I LOVE it when a cigar is a nubber. but really, I let the stick tell me when it is done. I don't care if it is a 1 dollar stick or a 50 dollar rare/aged etc super-ultra crazy premium or ISOM, I am smoking the cigar to enjoy it. When it ceases to be enjoyable, or I find myself puffing jsut because I don't know when/if I'll ever get another, then I tend to put them down.

I generally like the last third of a cigar.
If the cigar is a good one, I will nub it. :thumbs:

I "let the cigar dictate" how far I smoke -- sometimes, I get about halfway, and sometimes I just about burn my finger! :cool:

According to Zino, you're not supposed to smoke a cigar more than halfway down. Of course he was in the business of selling cigars...

Toss 'em when they don't taste good anymore......simple.

Zeebra said:
According to Zino, you're not supposed to smoke a cigar more than halfway down. Of course he was in the business of selling cigars...
[snapback]298809[/snapback]​

I thought that quote was corrected, and what he meant was that if a cigar goes out, you should nto re-light if it is more than halfway down?
I don't rememebr where I saw that.

I hit the wrong button and voted for an inch or so, but I meant to hit "I let the cigar tell me when to stop". :p

Here is the nub King........Rob300C
NYC%20Herf%2011-05%20014.jpg

Zeebra said:

A common misinterpretation of Zino's Paradox, which states that it is impossible to actually nub a cigar, since to do so requires that you smoke the cigar halfway down, then halfway down again, ad infinitum. :laugh:

I generally smoke it till it's no longer enjoyable as well. If it stops being fun to smoke, I stop.

I nub out of habbit, I smoke faster then most folk's so I end up nubing mine waiting for them to finish.

smokelaw1 said:
Zeebra said:

I thought that quote was corrected, and what he meant was that if a cigar goes out, you should nto re-light if it is more than halfway down?
I don't rememebr where I saw that.
[snapback]298816[/snapback]​

I recall the same with regards to re-lights. Generally I let cigars die out with about an inch to an inch and a half left.

In my newbieness of cigar smoking I have yet to nub one out. So far I have smoked until they are no longer enjoyable. Usually to about an inch or so left.

I smoke a cigar until it is not enjoyable anymore. I'e smoked cigars barely and half inch, and i've smoked some almost entirely.

All depends on the cigar... my first PSD4 had me looking for a roach-clip.

My last Ashton VSG I put out half way.

I also think it has a lot to do with your mental state on any given day, can anyone say they have truly enjoyed every single cigar from a box? I'm willing to bet they can't.

I nub 'em if the cigar is worth the risk of a 2nd degree burn. :0

I rarely nub anymore but it's rare that I lay a stick down before the last 2 inches or so. If I get into a dud it might not make it past the first inch or so. But that is rare also.

I will let the cigar say whenm if it starts to go south too early I will purge it but if I keep having to purge it I toss it or if the flavour starts to taste like crap it gets tossed as well.