• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

To Put This Highly Controversial Contest to Bed

Cigarweakly is on the SCUMBAG list with good reason. Why don't you keep that idiot board to yourself. We are standup and respectable here unlike those tards yonder. Oh, and you can stuff your contest.

Scumbag List

NA

HOLY SHIT...... the whole BB made the Scumbag List...... wow... all admins and mods

The must be in the Guiness Book of World Records

Interesting how you don't have rules #6 & #7 over at CigarWeakly. :rolleyes:

CigarWeakly is a shit board that is going down the tubes faster than the Titanic in April of 1912 so why bother trying to promote that stinking pile of filth over here? ???

I hope your "well-aged cigars" from your "copious stash" don't consist of Cuban cigars that you bought and/or traded for on that poor excuse for a cigar board because odds are they're as phony as a three dollar bill...

I decided to stop lurking and PMing and make a post for this competition...

1. CW: February 17 at 7:45 pm EST
2. CP: February 28 at 7:12 pm EST

:thumbs:

Interesting how you don't have rules #6 & #7 over at CigarWeakly. :rolleyes:

CigarWeakly is a shit board that is going down the tubes faster than the Titanic in April of 1912 so why bother trying to promote that stinking pile of filth over here? ???

I hope your "well-aged cigars" from your "copious stash" don't consist of Cuban cigars that you bought and/or traded for on that poor excuse for a cigar board because odds are they're as phony as a three dollar bill...

Bill,

I understand your dislike for CW, but please do not bash that board here. I'd like to think that the membership at CP is more civilized than that.

Thanks.

I've been disqualified... :(

By who? Not me. Go for it.

Let me quote you...

...I reserve the right to disqualify anyone who posts anything that is contradictory to the spirit of having fun that this contest is intended to generate.

But - I know. You like me and will let me "skate" on the rules 'cause you're such a swell guy!!! :love:

But, seriously... What is the purpose of this contest of yours? It sure does appear you're trying to introduce our members to a board that's having some growth issues at the moment... Sorry - but it hasn't been the practice of this board to encourage this type of behavior in the past. Why would it start now with you?

Maybe I'm wrong, but it sure seems to me like you're wanting to be an active member of this community. And you seem like maybe you want to share your generosity with this community. How about you host a contest that is strictly for CigarPass members and has nothing to do with CW. ;)

Sorry... Edited because I had a spelling error...

I've been disqualified... :(

By who? Not me. Go for it.

Let me quote you...

...I reserve the right to disqualify anyone who posts anything that is contradictory to the spirit of having fun that this contest is intended to generate.
But - I know. You like me and will let me "skate" on the rules 'cause you're such a swell guy!!! :love:

But, seriously... What is the purpose of this contest of yours? It sure does appear you're trying to introduce our members to a board that's having some growth issues at the moment... Sorry - but it hasn't been the practice of this board to encourage this type of behavior in the past. Why would it start now with you?

Maybe I'm wrong, but it sure seems to me like you're wanting to be an active member of this community. And you seem like maybe you want to share your generosity with this community. How about you host a contest that is strictly for CigarPass members and has nothing to do with CW. ;)

And it hasn't been the practice of this board to discourage it either. He's on two cigar boards and wants to have a contest that involves them both... so what? It's his contest, it does not break any rule (written or otherwise) and does not negatively affect the members here. What's the beef?

Good questions.

To be fair to all contestants, whether I like an individual or not is not at issue. The jury is still out on some of you. Others have been found "guilty".

What someone else writes about whether or not someone is disqualified in this contest is irrelevant. If someone wishes to participate with a guess and can do so without attempting to demean the thread or post antagonistically without intent to incite any flaming, why would I disqualify anyone? So far, unlike other members that have posted in this thread, you have not written anything that I find to be distaseful, rude or antagonistic. Therefore, if you were to post a guess, that would be fine.

What does it matter if I do a cross-board contest? The fact is that the only anger that has surfaced has been from members who have an ax to grind with another BB, and for reasons that are irrelevant to the purpose for which I am having this contest. I am not breaking any rules of this BB by attempting to promote the love of cigars using different means.

You are correct in that not only do I want to participate over here as an active member, I have done so. I have had 1 or 2 contests in the past just for CP. I have met many CP members and have enjoyed smoking cigars with them, drinking with them and I have dined with them. I have had CP members at my house for the benefit herf that I host each fall. I'll be herfing with several CP members at the CI Cigar Fest in May. I don't show any bias towards any cigar BB.

My purpose is not to entice anyone away from CP. My purpose was to have a contest that was different than anything else that has been done. No one should let anyone dictate what they should smoke. Why should it be any different about the BBs they frequent? If it is true that the other board is faltering, then anyone wishing to check it out will discover it on their own, won't they? It's called having the freedom to choose.

As long as I stay within the boundaries of the rules of this BB...and as far as I know I am doing so...no one who is open minded should have a problem.

... It sure does appear you're trying to introduce our members to a board that's having some growth issues at the moment... Sorry - but it hasn't been the practice of this board to encourage this type of behavior in the past. ...

But apparently it IS okay to encourage demeaning, antagonistic, patronizing, calous, uncouth, immature and unprincipled behavior.

**snip**

And it hasn't been the practice of this board to discourage it either. He's on two cigar boards and wants to have a contest that involves them both... so what? It's his contest, it does not break any rule (written or otherwise) and does not negatively affect the members here. What's the beef?

Steve....

I think the problem is that he is advertising another BB that is clearly listed on the "Scumbag List"...

Just as we would not promote another person who on that list.... why promote this ??

Just my 2¢

**snip**

Steve....

I think the problem is that he is advertising another BB that is clearly listed on the "Scumbag List"...

Just as we would not promote another person who on that list.... why promote this ??

Just my 2¢

Thanks, Tommy. I'm not sure of what put an entire BB on the list, but I see what you're saying.

**snip**

Steve....

Just my 2¢

Thanks, Tommy. I'm not sure of what put an entire BB on the list, but I see what you're saying.

You are prejudiced against all members of a bulletin board for something they have no control over? That makes no sense at all.

That's similar to not liking someone for the car they drive because you don't like that car. Or not liking someone for the football team they root for.

Hold the moderators accountable. But don't blame the entire membership. There are a lot of members who weren't even around when the transgressions happened.

**snip**

Steve....

Just my 2¢

You are prejudiced against all members of a bulletin board for something they have no control over? That makes no sense at all.

That's similar to not liking someone for the car they drive because you don't like that car. Or not liking someone for the football team they root for.

Hold the moderators accountable. But don't blame the entire membership. There are a lot of members who weren't even around when the transgressions happened.

Brian, I like you and respect your right to be involved with any cigar board that you wish. As I mentioned in my post, I don't know why CW is on the list. Frankly, I don't care. What I do understand (after Tommy's post) is why others have issues with CW.

cw transgression

The issues of CW are briefly discussed in this thread. The "smoking gun" threads are long gone but it is my understanding the policies are still in place. Many guys were banned for speaking there minds and calling out folks that were cheats and profiteers. If you post there you condone the actions of the mods and admins and you support the policies of that board. So yeah, if you hang out over there then you are no better than the jaggoffs who protected the scumbags.

By HBD:
"But apparently it IS okay to encourage demeaning, antagonistic, patronizing, calous, uncouth, immature and unprincipled behavior. "

There was nothing "uncouth" about it Herfy.

NA

A little more evidence.

This thread explains a lot.

What would you all do?

And here's herfy endorsing the policy

What a great idea!

NA

Brian, I like you and respect your right to be involved with any cigar board that you wish. As I mentioned in my post, I don't know why CW is on the list. Frankly, I don't care. What I do understand (after Tommy's post) is why others have issues with CW.

Sorry Steve,

I should have taken out your part of the quote.

As far as CW being on the Scumbag List, the issues people have with CW are in question.

I have been on several boards of varying types. I have discovered that when someone has a gripe or an ax to grind with a BB, it is usually because they could not keep within the rules of that BB. And as a result they were kicked out. Regardless of how they feel about the rules, they are a guest of that BB, and as such should abide by the rules. Like it or not, the rules are established by the owner(s) of the BB to allow the BB to run as THEY see fit to have it run.

The Scumbag List was created for the purpose of entering names of INDIVIDUALS who were found to be BAD TRADERS or SCUMBAGS. If you look at the list, it is a compilation of names of people who have committed some transgression for any number of reasons having to do with the buying, trading or selling of cigars.

These are examples of what some have done:
- Gave bogus credit card numbers to vendor (twice), and refused to make good.
- Questionable business practices and poor customer service.
- Delinquent on several trades at CigarWise and elsewhere.
- History of very long delays on trades.
- Stiffed members on Katrina Auction cigars at Cigar Pass
- Was over 2 months late on Lotto Cigar event Info is from Cigarsnobs.com
- Traded fake Cohibas
- Ripped off svb and Bob K
- Wrote bad check and failed to make good on transaction.
- Traded / sold fake Cubans
- Ripped off CFers
- Ripped off CFers (XF15-Loader and Detox-VI) on trades

Names were added because people were bad traders ripping off others, or were delinquent on payment, or for one of any number of other reasons.

This is what is posted about CW:

" Providing aid and comfort to scumbags everywhere in the interest of "civility." Spineless hypocrites who delete user accounts of those who dare to speak against their methods. NOTE: Banned me from their site for adding them to this list. LOL"

The entry about CW has nothing to do with buying, trading or selling cigars. Apparently someone had an ax to grind with CW because he couldn't follow or simply did not like the rules. And this was his recourse. It was used as a last resort to get back at the moderators of CW.

Frankly, it is an arbitrary, superfluous entry that has no comparative value to the other entries as it was posted as someone's "sour grapes". I don't know how anyone can take it seriously unless it is used as a move to justify his or her means to an end. It has no meaning or worth except to those who wish to lend justification to personal satisfaction.