• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

To Put This Highly Controversial Contest to Bed

herfy herfy herfy.
The rules over there are punitive for the regular guys and supportive of the cheats and scumbags. Those rules have protected known cheats and scumbags on several occasions. If you post there you support these rules and it is a direct reflection on your character. I joined there in 2001 and guess what my post count is.
The mods and admins banned many people for speaking out against individuals who were openly ripping people off. You support that. The mods and admins banned members of CF wholesale because they belonged to CF and not because they did anything wrong. They were banned without ever making a post. You support that.
The scumbag list was created to expose scumbags. The mods and admins over there were added to the list because they protected the scumbags and ripoff artists from the members they cheated and ripped off. How is that not about buying, selling and trading cigars? You're a damned apologist for those dirtbags and that isn't arbitrary or superfluous; it is a fact. Open your eyes.

NA

What you have to understand is that the opinion of CW is not formed by Sam or Bill or myself. It was formed by the actions of the admins and mods over there. Whether you agree of guilt by association or not that is how it is so, as Sam pointed out, if you support the rules and actions of the people that run CW then you have tacitly agreed to all their actions previously. You are of course, free to belong to any board you wish but we don't have to agree with how they are run. There were or are a number of problems over there and it doesn't seem to have been corrected over the past few years which, to me, is a good indicator that it won't ever be.

...hence the reason you're hearing crickets over there, herfy - and a contest on CP is definitely one good way infuse new blood ver yonder... I think any right thinking individual understands CW is what it is. You can choose to be a member (I do know several really good people over there) but the board tone lends to the trading of fakes, profiteering, and general scumbaggery - which is unabated by the policy of admin.

Telling us it's a great place with great people is painting lipstick on a pig, herfy. And I'm not really fond of the idea that this boards membership is asked to participate in a contest that you sponsor so we can extend an "olive branch" between us. I'm getting one of those rumbling kind of feelings in the pit of my stomach watching this nonsense...

How about just changing your contest to remove all reference to CigarWeakly? Let's face it, there is WIDESPREAD concern with that board throughout the cigar BB world and I would have thought that you'd realize that by now.

How about just changing your contest to remove all reference to CigarWeakly? Let's face it, there is WIDESPREAD concern with that board throughout the cigar BB world and I would have thought that you'd realize that by now.

A reasonable compromise, Bryan.

Interesting reading. You know it is said that there are two sides to every story. I have now heard the other side and it does shed some light...finally, on the basis of your claims.

I have been there for 4 years and I am honestly not aware of any of the events that you have described. I am not saying that it did not happen as you claim it did, only that I am not aware of it. I have to admit that it is hard to believe that a CF member was banned simply because they were a CF member. I know CW members that are also members of CF.

From what I have seen since becoming a member, anyone who practices the types of dealings that you describe are often subjected to mob rule when they are exposed. Based on my observations the moderators are often the calming influence, asking that all of the facts from both sides be heard before rendering any final decisions.

As far as the suggestion to remove all references to CW, it seems rather pointless since it has been mentioned in some form numerous times throughout the thread thanks to several of you.

Just my humble opinion but this thread should be mandatory reading for all newbies.

I have been doing a lot of thinking about this which is why I have been absent of late from this thread.

I understand all of the points that have been raised. It boils down to the principles that each of us believe in. Principles are high on my list as well. I respect that everyone has their own principles. I would hope that the members can understand my rationale for wanting to see this through.

It is for that reason and that reason only...Principles that is, I would like to complete this contest. It is not fair to those who have posted guesses on either board that the contest just fall by the way side. Believe me when I say that had I known about the issues, I would not have started this contest. I looked at it merely as a way to promote the love of cigars in general while at the same time cross-promoting two cigar boards.

I am a cigar enthusiast, plain and simple. I was looking for an alternative method in the form of this contest that I might give away some of my cigars. Nothing more...Nothing less.

I hope that anyone who wishes to participate will do so until winners are determined at both boards.

My 7000th post at Cigar Weekly was placed on March 7th at 7:39PM.

The member with the closest guess was Boogs34 who guessed a date and time of Feb 17 at 7:45PM.

CONGRATULATIONS Boogs34 on being the BEEG WIENER!!!

PM was sent your way AJ.

My 7000th post at Cigar Weekly was placed on March 7th at 7:39PM.

The member with the closest guess was Boogs34 who guessed a date and time of Feb 17 at 7:45PM.

CONGRATULATIONS Boogs34 on being the BEEG WIENER!!!

Nice work Boogs :)

I'd like to thank Herfin Bigdog for the big package he sent me! Some things in there that I definitely want to try and an extra accessory to boot! :thumbs:

Enjoying one of the cigars as we speak! Loving this weather! The bugs are already out!

not to dig this up again....but yea, not everyone on CW knows of its "bad rep" around the cigarBB cyberworld....

never thought i'd make it on the shitbaglist :(

I'm not sure if this is the board Leo from Barlows in Colorado posts on...and told me to head over to...but if it is....Yo!

and Yo! to all of you :blush: