• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today’s Smoke 2018

@jfields here are my thoughts...

Yesterday I tried something new, thanks John. It was a bit cool outside and I got a late start. When the sun starts to set the temp drops 10 deg and it gets uncomfortable. This was a small smoke, so I thought it would fit perfectly into my schedule.

La Riqueza No.5 from 2008

On the pre-light the cold draw was light tobacco and had a firm draw. It had a beautiful dark wrapper and very nice construction. I toasted it and fired it up. The first thing I got was some subtle spices, but that was gone after a minute. It then settled into a light woodsy flavor that I would identify with drift wood. After the first 1/3 the draw opened up a bit, to something more to my liking. The burn on this thing was laser sharp all the way to the nub. The ash gave way just after the 1/3 mark. The final 1/3 introduced a light leather to the wood flavor, but other than that it was pretty mono flavored.

I enjoyed the experience, as I do with most new cigars I have the pleasure of smoking, but I'm not going to blow smoke up your ass John and tell you how awesome it was. I want to be truthful. It was okay, but I would not choose to smoke one again. Thanks for the good times!

20181214.jpg

@jfields here are my thoughts...

Yesterday I tried something new, thanks John. It was a bit cool outside and I got a late start. When the sun starts to set the temp drops 10 deg and it gets uncomfortable. This was a small smoke, so I thought it would fit perfectly into my schedule.

La Riqueza No.5 from 2008

On the pre-light the cold draw was light tobacco and had a firm draw. It had a beautiful dark wrapper and very nice construction. I toasted it and fired it up. The first thing I got was some subtle spices, but that was gone after a minute. It then settled into a light woodsy flavor that I would identify with drift wood. After the first 1/3 the draw opened up a bit, to something more to my liking. The burn on this thing was laser sharp all the way to the nub. The ash gave way just after the 1/3 mark. The final 1/3 introduced a light leather to the wood flavor, but other than that it was pretty mono flavored.

I enjoyed the experience, as I do with most new cigars I have the pleasure of smoking, but I'm not going to blow smoke up your ass John and tell you how awesome it was. I want to be truthful. It was okay, but I would not choose to smoke one again. Thanks for the good times!

View attachment 23823

I appreciate that George! We can’t like them all. These are fantastic smokes in my opinion, but you did hit the nail on the head with “mono”. For me it may also be where that box of cigars came from (Infinity) that adds to the enjoyment.
That being said, Rob @Nihon_Ni and I were talking on the way home last night how our taste gravitate more and more toward Cuban tobacco. You may just be one of those that falls into that category.

Thanks again brother!

I appreciate that George! We can’t like them all. These are fantastic smokes in my opinion, but you did hit the nail on the head with “mono”. For me it may also be where that box of cigars came from (Infinity) that adds to the enjoyment.
That being said, Rob @Nihon_Ni and I were talking on the way home last night how our taste gravitate more and more toward Cuban tobacco. You may just be one of those that falls into that category.

Thanks again brother!
I hope I didn't come across to harsh, I didn't mean to sound like it was a bad smoke, rather not my cup of tea!!! Again, thanks for the experience. And I can say that I do fall into that category. I still smoke a non cc every now and then, and I have found that I like many more cc's then non cc's.