• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today’s Smoke 2018

DE4A7B11-7501-4580-84C4-A60BA8CEADAB.jpeg Enjoying a 2015 CoRo to mark the end of my third section hike on the AT. I climbed the last mountain of this section this morning and found a nice overlook to use the last of my camp stove fuel to make a couple cups of coffee.

The first CoRo I had was one I bought from jfields during his decumulation phase (yes, sports fans, he had one of those!) I smoked it after going to the 100th running of the Indy 500, which was a 50th birthday gift from my wife. I had intended this one to mark my 200th mile on the AT, which happened a few days ago, but long days of hiking left little time and energy for a cigar in camp in the evening. Time is a luxury this morning, so I was able to finally fire it up. One more mile to meet my wife, who promised to bring me a cold Gatorade!

View attachment 20355 Enjoying a 2015 CoRo to mark the end of my third section hike on the AT. I climbed the last mountain of this section this morning and found a nice overlook to use the last of my camp stove fuel to make a couple cups of coffee.

The first CoRo I had was one I bought from jfields during his decumulation phase (yes, sports fans, he had one of those!) I smoked it after going to the 100th running of the Indy 500, which was a 50th birthday gift from my wife. I had intended this one to mark my 200th mile on the AT, which happened a few days ago, but long days of hiking left little time and energy for a cigar in camp in the evening. Time is a luxury this morning, so I was able to finally fire it up. One more mile to meet my wife, who promised to bring me a cold Gatorade!
That's just fuckin' cool.

My first 8-9-8 Varnished. Been dealing with a family thing the last several days so I didn't take the time to dry box. The draw was a bit tight, it showed its youth, and required some re-lights. That being said, I can still see why these sell out so quickly everywhere. I finally found and ordered two boxes of these to put down for a long rest. I can tell this vitola will be something special in about five years time. Thank you Larry!!!

706A933C-ACB7-4599-9EC5-1AAF05A9167A.jpeg

Last edited:
My last PSD3...these would be a top time machine purchase if that were possible. Just a ton of flavor, still full bodied and medium strength. I always had my doubts when picking one up because half the box had PSD4 bands. They were an H&F box from a very reliable source, so just a product of a sloppier time. Always delivered, enjoy one if you have any left.
20180503_065933.jpg

My last PSD3...these would be a top time machine purchase if that were possible. Just a ton of flavor, still full bodied and medium strength. I always had my doubts when picking one up because half the box had PSD4 bands. They were an H&F box from a very reliable source, so just a product of a sloppier time. Always delivered, enjoy one if you have any left.
View attachment 20364
Great cigar, definitely one of my favorites...

My first 8-9-8 Varnished. Been dealing with a family thing the last several days so I didn't take the time to dry box. The draw was a bit tight, it showed its youth, and required some re-lights. That being said, I can still see why these sell out so quickly everywhere. I finally found and ordered two boxes of these to put down for a long rest. I can tell this vitola will be something special in about five years time. Thank you Larry!!!

View attachment 20358

You're welcome and it's too bad I didn't have one a bit older to send. They do need some time, and I haven't had one from that box yet so thanks for the comment.

Did you not read the rest of the thread or thoughts’ post??

I read it, and was just wondering out loud how does someone come up with the phrase "puke on my wife"? Wouldn't have crossed my mind as something to say.

I read it, and was just wondering out loud how does someone come up with the phrase "puke on my wife"? Wouldn't have crossed my mind as something to say.
Got it, I thought you meant that towards me like I made it up lol I have no idea, hopefully there will be some explanation or clarification!

It was awesome. Even to the point that it was hard for me to explain. It had more depth than any medium bodied cigar I’ve tried thus far. It was like drinking coffee with cream while sitting in front of the fire. I even got a little bit of spice and vanilla but the kind that bring you booze, not drink it all and puke on your wife. Thank you again!
My bad on not making it too clear. I was comparing the spice and vanilla to a friend that shows up to a party bringing a present of booze = a light and heart warming introduction of the flavor. I contrasted this with the ‘drink it all and puke on your wife’ as the punch to the face flavor changes associated with some cigars that could be comparable to a hole friends that ruin a good moment with too much.

Sorry, I should NOT have written that while drinking some scotch. My bad there guys. Final notes: very good first Cuban!