• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today’s Smoke 2019

Yeah, I am having severe knee problems and the brace doesn't work well with pants. :(

I'm considering knee replacement surgery. It would be preferable to wearing shorts all winter! :p

It's since slipped to the back burner as I've just given up and learned to live with it, but I tried for a good ten years to get an orthopod to do a total knee for me. I was always told that I was too young for a total knee replacement, as the results have a finite lifespan, and each time it is redone it gets shorter and shorter between crapping out again. I was 28 when I initially got hurt, and it made absolutely no sense to me to struggle with it now, and have to wait until I am in my 50's or 60's to have it done. I'd much rather, especially with the limitations of an A/K prosthesis on the other side, have stability and range of motion to be able to live my life while younger, and have the body and willpower to go through the rehab and strengthening rather than wobble around on it as-is being very unstable. I'd do it this afternoon if I could...