• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today’s Smoke 2019

After all these years and all those cigars, do you still keep a journal? Every one take note.

I don’t put every cigar in. I’m sentimental, so gifted cigars end up in there often. Cigars I’ve bought while traveling abroad with Donella and have a memory. Or, cigars that have blown me away.

This 2009 Punch Platino Exclusivo India fits both gifted cigar, and blew me away categories! Tom @BlindedByScience generously gifted it to me a few years ago.

Drew estate Dirty Rat. Given to me from @ilikefishes when I visited the Denver area last November. @CMontoya79 and @MX was there too!

Ok, so I’ll admit that I don’t have much experience smoking Drew estates’ sticks. I’ve only smoked a couple Under Crowns, 1 liga privada and 1 T52.

Oh, before I get started – this is my first ever review, so bear with me.

I wasn’t planning on doing a review, but after taking a couple prelight draws, I decided that I had to review this thing.

Speaking of the prelight draw – it reminded me of Christmas when I was a kid. My grandma used to have those gummy candies that tasted like grown-up candy. More spicy than sugary. Well the prelight draw had that allspice flavor, very similar to the orange Christmas candies. It also has a nice leather note to it as well.

20190602_192233.jpg

Time to toast this thing. I used my Black Ops single flame torch lighter and guillotine cutter.

First 3rd – toasted spice, white pepper, leather

20190602_193132.jpg

2nd 3rd – toasted spice, white pepper is fading, as is the leather was smoking a little too quick and the tobacco got too hot… kind of bitter ☹ The ash held on pretty tightly and the burn was even throughout.
I let it cool down a bit and as I started into the last 3rd I started to pick up on more of an earthy note along with the leather. Not really tasting the pepper or toasted spice anymore. A little bit of sweet burnt tobacco flavor on the retrohale. (Go figure right)?

20190602_200940.jpg

I had to remind myself to take it slow.

Final third – earthy and the pepper came back, as did the toasted spice, but it was very subtle. Still picking up on something kind of sweet, can’t quite put my taste buds on it though.

20190602_203143.jpg

Tried to be cute and hold out to take a final picture with long ash… regretted waiting as soon as the ash fell off onto my shirt…

(ETA) - This was a very good cigar and would recommend it to anyone. Very unique to me as I've never really picked up on the allspice flavors like I did with this one.

Last edited:
Drew estate Dirty Rat. Given to me from @ilikefishes when I visited the Denver area last November. @CMontoya79 and @MX was there too!

Ok, so I’ll admit that I don’t have much experience smoking Drew estates’ sticks. I’ve only smoked a couple Under Crowns, 1 liga privada and 1 T52.

Oh, before I get started – this is my first ever review, so bear with me.

I wasn’t planning on doing a review, but after taking a couple prelight draws, I decided that I had to review this thing.

Speaking of the prelight draw – it reminded me of Christmas when I was a kid. My grandma used to have those gummy candies that tasted like grown-up candy. More spicy than sugary. Well the prelight draw had that allspice flavor, very similar to the orange Christmas candies. It also has a nice leather note to it as well.

View attachment 26523

Time to toast this thing. I used my Black Ops single flame torch lighter and guillotine cutter.

First 3rd – toasted spice, white pepper, leather

View attachment 26519

2nd 3rd – toasted spice, white pepper is fading, as is the leather was smoking a little too quick and the tobacco got too hot… kind of bitter ☹ The ash held on pretty tightly and the burn was even throughout.
I let it cool down a bit and as I started into the last 3rd I started to pick up on more of an earthy note along with the leather. Not really tasting the pepper or toasted spice anymore. A little bit of sweet burnt tobacco flavor on the retrohale. (Go figure right)?

View attachment 26520

I had to remind myself to take it slow.

Final third – earthy and the pepper came back, as did the toasted spice, but it was very subtle. Still picking up on something kind of sweet, can’t quite put my taste buds on it though.

View attachment 26521

Tried to be cute and hold out to take a final picture with long ash… regretted waiting as soon as the ash fell off onto my shirt…

(ETA) - This was a very good cigar and would recommend it to anyone. Very unique to me as I've never really picked up on the allspice flavors like I did with this one.
Glad you enjoyed it and thank you for the review. Hope things are going well for you brother.