• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's coffee

Brazilian Pedra Grande - Bourbon Cultivar Full City+ with a Fuente 858 candela. Very nice Sunday morning combo!

Starbucks french roast this morning, as soon as I finish the bag, I'm going to the Montecristo coffee that I recieved from my Secret Santa this year.

Picked up a bag of BJ' Kenya AA.....have to say that I drink more of their beans than most anything else as I have always been impressed with the quality and flavor. They are up to about 5 varieties now and the beans are always rich and oily when you open a bag.

Otherwise I roast my own and nothing is better....to cold to have the windows open to roast this time of year.

How do you roast your beans? Just wondering, as it seems you have smoke issues. Back when I was roasting with an air popper, I had to head out to the garage, first to avoid setting off the smoke detectors, and second, to avoid setting off the "better half" detector"!

Have a small roaster from http://www.coffeebeancorral.com/

Garage is not an option as a co-op dweller in Manhattan..... :(

So I use a fan and an extension cord with the roaster sitting on the windowsill, the fan pushes the smoke outside, just have to make sure the prevailing winds are blowing by the window not into it....lol

Check out this deal from Chocolate Academy -

Behmor 1600

I picked one up and couldn't be happier!

Pros
Cost!!!
Smoke suppression works great
It's real quiet
Can easily hear 1st and 2nd cracks
Easy cleanup
consistent roasts - with every bean roasted the same

Cons
Almost too many settings
Tad long learning curve (Coffee Geeks has several great threads on this machine)
Claims to be a 1 lb roaster, effectively roasts 10 - 12 ozs (a lot more than my old air popper)
As it uses quartz heating elements, significant line load.

For the cost of a decent box of cigars, this is a great machine for the home roaster! I have a couple dozen roasts with it under my belt and am constantly amazed by the consistency of the roasts, and the fact I can set it on the stove, turn on the exhaust fan, and not worry about the neighbors calling the fire department due to seeing smoke pouring out the window, or my wife complaining about "stinking" up the house is a real plus as well.

Just re-read this before hitting "add reply", and realized I sound like an infomercial! :rolleyes: No I don't work for any of the above mentioned companies, just found a great product!

Jacksons

Louisville's finest coffee in my opinion. Two large cups of espresso.

About 4 cups of Gevalia Arabica cinnamon to kick start the day before my on-line mid-term. What a way to spend a Sunday! ???

Having some Kona Peaberry the wife brewed up then I am gonna make a pot of Trader Joes Wake Up blend. I am really jealous of you guys that roast your own, I might have to move in that direction soon myself.

Having some Kona Peaberry the wife brewed up then I am gonna make a pot of Trader Joes Wake Up blend. I am really jealous of you guys that roast your own, I might have to move in that direction soon myself.

Send me your addy! As soon as I get back from my trip, I'll roast up a few diff regions for you and the wife to enjoy!

Jacksons

Louisville's finest coffee in my opinion. Two large cups of espresso.

Inquiring minds need to know. What is it and where do you get it? I live across the river in Jeffersonville.

100% Kona peaberry that I roasted. Roasting is smelly and smells somewhat similar to slightly burnt popcorn. Darker roasts produce much more smoke. I roast in the garage to avoid making the house smell. I roast using a Fresh Roast Plus 8 which doesn't produce much but is cheap and fairly easy to use.

Honduras Finca El Puente Very nice coffee with hints of caramel.

Fairway Colombian Supremo - Fairway has some excellent coffee which they roast right there on premises. :thumbs:

Scott, try Fairway's Testerosa. It's my Brothers favorite.

This morning and every morning I have Starbuck's Pikes Place in a French Press. It's down to a science.

Will do. I have the French press as well - isn't it great?