• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2015

Grabbed this from my SS and had no idea what it was. Looked it up at found it is a Caldwell, one on my wish list. You rock Santa. The only issue I had was this thing did not want to stay lit. Otherwise good, spicy cigar for a walkdown.

Cromagnon Atlatl...wanted something beefy but not too crazy while chilling out to some Hawkwind and Motorhead. RIP Lemmy.

2015 Mag 56 LE - First half was not so good... second half was great... these need a lot of downtime, but I think they will be amazing after about 5 years...

mag%2056%20le_zpswh9xovfy.png

Finished off three while outside reading 200 pages of the Clancy/Greaney new one:

-Casa Magna Domus Magnus I
-KFC Delfinas
-Padron Panatela Natural Errr... imaginary stick

Thine head is swimmy...

I had my second custom roll today. The first one I smoked before the freeze-fridge-acclimate to humidor rH process and was amazing: flavorful and sweet but light in body and strength, of immaculate construction, wrapper quality, and draw. This second one i tried, after dry boxing one day post freeze-fridge de-beetle process, had amazing cold aroma, beautiful wrapper, and very tight but delicious unlit draw. It was a figurado so i thought the tight draw might've just been due to that and puffed it down to the point it started looking like a parejo, but nope, still just too wet due to my insufficient dryboxing period following the procedure, with impossible draw throughout. No hard spots felt so I knew it was just too wet and had to toss it, sadly. Pure user error, which made me feel like a jackass, but feeling like a jackass teaches lessons.

I have selected three more of the custom rolls that I'd like to smoke in the next few days. They are sitting in an un-humidified cigar box at the moment and I will be more diligent with the moisture content of these next few smokes before putting flame to them.

Finished off three while outside reading 200 pages of the Clancy/Greaney new one:

-Casa Magna Domus Magnus I
-KFC Delfinas
-Padron Panatela Natural Errr... imaginary stick

Thine head is swimmy...
What did you think of the Casa Magna?

All this talk of BBF had me rooting around for my sample. This one comes from April '13. Good, but nothing I would buy a box of. Oh well more for Bill.

All this talk of BBF had me rooting around for my sample. This one comes from April '13. Good, but nothing I would buy a box of. Oh well more for Bill.
Yes, agreed, the 13's were not very good... The late 14's and all of 15 have been incredible... Just ask Brent in a few days, to see what he thinks :)

Last cigar of 2015- My Father No. 4 Lancero...not a bad way to close it out.

Last cigar of 2015 Partagas series 4. Great cigar!
First of 2016 bolivar royal coronas. Another great one!

New Year's Eve playlist:

Regius Exclusivo (medium bodied at best, but really tasty)
San Cristobal Fabuloso (of course!)
Oliva 'O' Series (just one more before bed . . . )
Tatuaje Pudgy Chuckie (no, seriously, LAST cigar for the night . . . )

~Boar

What did you think of the Casa Magna?

I liked it. A lot. My leg doc is pretty much right across the street, so next time I'm downtown I'm going to stop in and see if there are any left. Doubtful after all this time, but we'll see.

Last cigar of 2015: Añejo Shark (thanks, SS!)