• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2016

Oh, my head...

Die Frau and I are both off tomorrow, so we sat outside just talking and drinking beer, which is something we don't get to do often. I smoked a CAO Brazilia, KFC "Just a Friend", and a few cheapo Quorums, along with consuming copious amounts of Guinness. I wish I had a foot to put on the floor right now, as the room is spinning.

That can't be right. Aren't they all called by such classical/standard names like Wizard, Pegasus, Spell Bound, Flaming Orc Riding a Unicycle...? :p

I know, right? :rolleyes:

It's the next size down from the Wizard; you'd think they'd call it the Grimoire or the Tinkerbelle or something. :D

~Boar

First off, thanks to Scap for gifting me this stick so I could try one. I really appreciate it brother!

Here's a (well it started as a quick) summary. All the DE stuff I've ever tried has this strange smoothness that I sort of like but it isn't really what I want in a cigar. It reminds me of a Camacho. It's like this thick velvety smoke, and I can completely see why people would love that, but I just think it's okay, so justifying the stick price for these is tough for me. You get a little of this velvety smoothness in an AF Anejo but the flavor is much more complex and way more up my alley. The smoothness isn't the focal point in AF Anejos I think.

Basically if you like Camacho, Liga Undercrown, ect you'd love it. And the strength.... whoa.... I was glad I ate before smoking it. Still not as strong as the CroMagnon cigars, but pretty dang close. But what's interesting about the Flying Pig stick is it delivers this consistent flavor that feels a bit one dimensional to a non-regular smoker of Drew Estate, yet when I think about my favorite CC I can see how someone would say the same about that too. So the craze for these DE sticks, it sort of makes sense to me in that way. And the construction/burn were just flat out incredible as always. Anyone who can make a cigar that is that consistent, that velvety, and that well made -- yeah I can see how people go nuts for these things.

TL;DR: Great construction. Great stick. Incredible burn. Bold and (in my opinion) a bit one dimensional but tasty flavor. Not my cup of tea, but I could completely see why others would say its their favorite.

Edited for spelling.
I remember the strength on that thing that's for sure, but can't recall the velvety-ness, but then again it was pretty overwhelming at the time lol I was glad to have the chance to try it though!

So now I need to ask, is it worth me going through the effort of hunting this down while I'm in Germany? If not, I'm fine just picking up some CCs or other more difficult to find cigars.

They are the best RoMa Craft cigar that I have smoked. Another order was placed after I finished the Toro.

If you are interested in the Cuban profile, I would not recommend them.

They are the best RoMa Craft cigar that I have smoked. Another order was placed after I finished the Toro.

If you are interested in the Cuban profile, I would not recommend them.

F*ck. Not the answer my wallet wants to hear. I guess I place my order unless you want to split a box.

Back