• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2016

Yes it gets too cold, cracked wrapper are never a good thing. Even with a good fire, once it gets to 30 or below the smoking light is off!

Last night's choice was an extremely tasty H. Upmann No. 2 from 2007 and a Juan Lopez No. 2 from 2014. Those Upmanns have aged well.

Thanks to @57Strat for this morning's smoke, a Warped Villa de Nube.

Started off with a short, dry finish that morphed into a nice steeped black tea note that remained prominent throughout. Finish remained short, but there were some moments of pepper in the retrohale, some light cream and hints of dried fruit. Construction, burn and smoke production were perfect. Good start to the morning after a 4 day weekend with 1 measly smoke due to domestic tasks and dad duty.

If I still drank, I couldn't think of a better pairing than a Negroni or five.

tmp_14137-IMG_20161128_083546-1994869498.jpg

Partagas Limited Edition from 1994, one of the best cigars I have ever smoked.
Started and continued with Cola, Root beer flavors. Extremely smooth, as the cigar finished it had phenomenal notes of leather just the pure flavor of aged tobacco. FullSizeRender 3.jpgIMG_3003.JPG FullSizeRender 2.jpg

Got my two cigars in last night, before the rains come in over the next two days.

Tatuaje Cojonu 2006 and a RASS 2014, both were good. Those 2014 need a few more years to really shine. But who am I fooling, I'll probably go through the box before I get a chance!

I have tried the Toro and the Corona. The Toro was very nice, the Corona not so much.

Preferred the Toro to the Robusto. Unfortunate to hear about your experience with the Corona, looks like I might have to pass on those. It's not a cigar I would put on regular rotation but yesterdays Lancero paired very nicely with several cups of espresso.

Preferred the Toro to the Robusto. Unfortunate to hear about your experience with the Corona, looks like I might have to pass on those. It's not a cigar I would put on regular rotation but yesterdays Lancero paired very nicely with several cups of espresso.
I experienced burn issues that I find annoying. I haven't tried the Lancero, but it sounds like one I should try.