• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2016

Another killer from Devin... Warped La Colmena Black Honey. These definitely need to make a comeback. Didn't expect such a big difference, but the Oscuro wrapper and blend tweak really bring out the pepper and body without killing the sweeter, smoother character from the line. I don't think it would work with the other sizes...this one allows for an optimum balance.

Very happy to read that you enjoyed the Black Honey. It's one of my favorite cigars that Kyle has produced so far and your description is right on the money. Here's hoping that he makes another run so a lot more people get a chance to smoke it.

Last night's selection was an Arturo Fuente Opus X Perfecxion X - from the tin. Had smoked these when they first came out and they were good, a little rough around the edges. Opened the tin last night and it was a much more refined cigar, more like the original Opus. Have a tin Arturo Fuente Opus X Reserva D'Chateau that I suspect should be primed to smoke. Looks like cold weather and high winds are setting in for the next few days.

Last night's selection was an Arturo Fuente Opus X Perfecxion X - from the tin. Had smoked these when they first came out and they were good, a little rough around the edges. Opened the tin last night and it was a much more refined cigar, more like the original Opus. Have a tin Arturo Fuente Opus X Reserva D'Chateau that I suspect should be primed to smoke. Looks like cold weather and high winds are setting in for the next few days.

How old were the tins? I got two tins of the robusto maybe two years ago. I smoked (or attempted to) the first one right away and it was downright awful. I got them from a more than reputable shop so I know they were on the up and up. I clipped the cap off of one a month ago to try them again, but couldn't bring myself to light it after a cold draw. I don't ever remember Opus cigars needing to be aged to be good but between that, and a few xXx I've had from recent batches, I'm not sure what is going on.

IMG_20161019_220217_zpsyejica9v.jpg

It was a cold night but I got it done.

How old were the tins? I got two tins of the robusto maybe two years ago. I smoked (or attempted to) the first one right away and it was downright awful. I got them from a more than reputable shop so I know they were on the up and up. I clipped the cap off of one a month ago to try them again, but couldn't bring myself to light it after a cold draw. I don't ever remember Opus cigars needing to be aged to be good but between that, and a few xXx I've had from recent batches, I'm not sure what is going on.
These first appeared at the 2005 RTDA show. These were from either late 2006 or early 2007, don't remember when I got them. The big hype on these were that they were made with tobacco from 1992.

Fuente Xtra Viejo pyramide. Not quite sure of the vitola (cedar sleeve/no silk on foot). Tasty!
Edited to ad, Reserva Xtra Viejo #55 and YES red silk on foot!

Last edited:
Here in Ohio we've hit 25 degrees and lower. Smoking is not fun at those temps. I'll probably be living vicariously through you all for the remainder of the winter.

Oh just get out there... all the cool kids are doing it.