• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2016

Oliva week :)
I prefer the O yesterday over this G, but both were good.

index.php
I smoked an "O" with my coffee this morning...and it was very good. Definitely one to consider keeping a few in the humidor.

Don't pay attention to names of cigars much anymore, but I was in my local B$M and spied a box of DPG original Blue Labels. This one was box pressed, about Toro size with a 54 ring gauge. A little bigger than I like, but a nice after dinner smoke.

Doc

Morning coffee accompanied by...

IMG_0069_1.jpg

Being new to smoking cigars, I have been sampling several different sizes from several different makes. Today I decided to try one of these cigarillos that I have had in my humidor for a week now...and I am very happy to say that I loved this little cigar!!

This little number is a "Indianhead War Hunter Little hunter" and I thoroughly enjoyed everything about this little guy. I'll say it was more of a milder to medium in strength considering I was on a empty stomach, drinking coffee and it never really gave any indication of jitters. A little peppery on the first few draws and retrohale...then it smoothed out to more of a dark chocolate, woody flavor with a lasting finish that I found to be just to my liking. Not to strong, not overpowering...just right.

Next time I get over to Lone Star Tobacco (thanks Scap!)...I'll be grabbing a fist of these and a few of the other larger ring gauge. I finally found a definite favorite!

Last edited:
Nub Connecticut. Not a bad mild smoke. Sugary, some floral, hay, honeyed notes. The tobacco strength was definitely mild to mild (-). If mild smokes aren't your thing, this one is not for you. Leaves the palette pretty clean. It produces all kinds of fluffy white smoke. Thanks to Trey for this one.
I tried one and it was all I could do to finish it. WAY to mild for my tastes as it had almost no finish at all...at least that was my take.
I agree, lots of smoke but overall...I was disappointed.

After this mornings delight...my afternoon cigar(s) turned out to be less than what was desired...by a long shot.

Strike one...Cohiba Red Dot.
I know you guys are familiar with the term "dog rocket." That was my take as well.

Strike two...Macanudo Inspirado Toro (orange label).
Nice draw, lots of smoke, tight burn but the finish was bitter...and it never got any better. I smoked it down to the last third and it ended up in the nub bucket next to the Cohiba.

Two sticks I won't be trying again.

After this mornings delight...my afternoon cigar(s) turned out to be less than what was desired...by a long shot.

Strike one...Cohiba Red Dot.
I know you guys are familiar with the term "dog rocket." That was my take as well.

Strike two...Macanudo Inspirado Toro (orange label).
Nice draw, lots of smoke, tight burn but the finish was bitter...and it never got any better. I smoked it down to the last third and it ended up in the nub bucket next to the Cohiba.

Two sticks I won't be trying again.

You really should try the noobie sampler so to get exposed to better cigars. Life is too short to waste working your way through crappy cigars.

Back