• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2017

Started the week with a Robaina farm roll from @tone-ny , another brother whose generosity confirms cigar folks are the best. Very nice smoke, perfect construction. Some leather and little bit of spice at first, and the core flavors had a vegetal sweetness that reminded me of cajeta...this semi-savory slow cooked caramel that I make whenever I score raw goat milk. Sounds weird I know, I just go with what my brain kicks out at me.
View attachment 18038
That's why I've smoked at least 12 of those that sweetness factor. Hard to describe but so good on the palate. Glad you enjoyed.

How long did you wait before smoking? They sound nicely balanced.
Right away as I had some at the farm and knew they were prime. I guess that was the difference between getting cigars in Havana vs. from the farm. The Cuetos aren't as good a smoke as these.

Right away as I had some at the farm and knew they were prime. I guess that was the difference between getting cigars in Havana vs. from the farm. The Cuetos aren't as good a smoke as these.
Sounds like a tasty smoke! I bet you and Isy stocked up. :cool:

That's so interesting. Guess it depends on the tobacco each roller is using. Although, I read else where that Robaina farm has become a bit of tourist trap. Do you think that's true? Will make my way out there next time I go any way. Thanks.

Started the week with a Robaina farm roll from @tone-ny , another brother whose generosity confirms cigar folks are the best. Very nice smoke, perfect construction. Some leather and little bit of spice at first, and the core flavors had a vegetal sweetness that reminded me of cajeta...this semi-savory slow cooked caramel that I make whenever I score raw goat milk. Sounds weird I know, I just go with what my brain kicks out at me.
View attachment 18038
Mmmmm cajeta

That's so interesting. Guess it depends on the tobacco each roller is using. Although, I read else where that Robaina farm has become a bit of tourist trap. Do you think that's true? Will make my way out there next time I go any way. Thanks.
I couldn't say as Isy and I were guest of a personal friend of Hirochi and they feted us like long lost family. They roasted a pig for us and served fish and lobster as well. After we ate we sat with Hirochi and his assistant for four hours smoking cigars and drinking beer and rum. While he told us stories and explained how hard it was to be involved once his grandfather passed away.

The cigars we smoked and bought were all from leaf from the farm. Which he is not allowed to sell and keeps for personal consumption. I felt honored that he would sell them freely to us as it is a crime in Cuba. Plus we got a great tour of the museum that Hirochi built in honor of Don Alejandro. Don't know if I'll ever get to do that again without Isy or his friend Eloy Hernandez owner of Southern Classic Cigars. A once in a lifetime event for sure.

I couldn't say as Isy and I were guest of a personal friend of Hirochi and they feted us like long lost family. They roasted a pig for us and served fish and lobster as well. After we ate we sat with Hirochi and his assistant for four hours smoking cigars and drinking beer and rum. While he told us stories and explained how hard it was to be involved once his grandfather passed away.

The cigars we smoked and bought were all from leaf from the farm. Which he is not allowed to sell and keeps for personal consumption. I felt honored that he would sell them freely to us as it is a crime in Cuba. Plus we got a great tour of the museum that Hirochi built in honor of Don Alejandro. Don't know if I'll ever get to do that again without Isy or his friend Eloy Hernandez owner of Southern Classic Cigars. A once in a lifetime event for sure.
Awsome. Thank you.

jH1MWurl.jpg

Don Reynaldo Regalos

PLPC.
Smoked it to candle light in my garage....just realized I smoked the band....no wonder it smelled really bad at the end.

No alcohol was involved, either....just having a blonde moment. :eek:

I found the scorched band this morning. Good thing it wasn't one of those huge gaudy bands. This one got singed a bit and fell off pretty much completely intact.

PLPC.
Smoked it to candle light in my garage....just realized I smoked the band....no wonder it smelled really bad at the end.

No alcohol was involved, either....just having a blonde moment. :eek:

I don't think you needed the disclaimer. We all knew what happened before you explained. :D :D :D

"Clear Havana" today with my coffee...
IMG_2297.JPG

FYI - Clear Havanas were made with Cuban tobacco... They got the name because of the bundles of Cuban tobacco that "cleared" customs. Clear Havanas dominated the premium cigar market in the United States before the U.S. embargo on Cuba. Less expensive than true Havanas, they were made in the United States, most often in Tampa. After the embargo made it impossible to acquire more Cuban tobacco, U.S. companies continued to make clear Havanas with their existing inventories of Cuban leaf. But after a few years, when those stocks dried up, clear Havanas ceased to exist.