• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2017

From what I've heard it isn't the blending but the tobacco he is using. Nothing stays the same over time.
True. If I remember correctly, he had partnerships with Olivas, Ortegas, those have all gone away. I recall seeing an interview where he was talking about having used seeds from Cuba, special seeds he, and only he, has access to. Not that the lead coming from Pepin’s farms in Nicaragua etc is any less quality, but it’s definitely not the same. Here’s hoping, that like Cuban leaf, there is a return to the good ol days. Plenty of “small batch/boutique” brands are blending stuff that reminds me of the great stuff that used to come from El Rey De Los Habanos.

True. If I remember correctly, he had partnerships with Olivas, Ortegas, those have all gone away. I recall seeing an interview where he was talking about having used seeds from Cuba, special seeds he, and only he, has access to. Not that the lead coming from Pepin’s farms in Nicaragua etc is any less quality, but it’s definitely not the same. Here’s hoping, that like Cuban leaf, there is a return to the good ol days. Plenty of “small batch/boutique” brands are blending stuff that reminds me of the great stuff that used to come from El Rey De Los Habanos.
MadMonk and I used to talk all the time about how Pepin stuff had declined and didn't taste the same as it used to. He spread himself to thin. I used to love the DPG blue label stuff. I know my palate had changed, but those absolutely do not taste like they did.

MadMonk and I used to talk all the time about how Pepin stuff had declined and didn't taste the same as it used to. He spread himself to thin. I used to love the DPG blue label stuff. I know my palate had changed, but those absolutely do not taste like they did.
About the only current production I like from him now is the Le Bijou line. It's been about two years since I've had one.

NmitdyZl.jpg

Don Carlos The Man

I thought the regular DC Anniversary was one of the best Fuentes I’ve ever smoked. I can only imagine these are that much better.

Simply bursting with flavorful smoke. Nicaraguan filler and binder with Equadorian Connecticut wrapper. Around $2 each on the Devil Site so it's perfect for us budget minded smokers who still want good blending and construction. Yum!
tmp_18452-IMG_20171103_144028066-1534401771.jpg