• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2017

Camacho - American Barrel Aged. The robusto seems to have lost a lot of the bourbon. It's still there, but no where near as pronounced after aging for over a year.

How was it? Damn, it's already been 2 years since we shared a custard? Hell, I still have that BAPT5th sitting in my closet, guess I need to crack it open.

:D

Well, not quite two years, but it's felt like it! I think it was the summer of 2015.

Cigar was light but nuanced and tasty, appreciate it again! And I wish I made it to Tulsa more often but haven't been in a long time. Would love to do a beer and cigar share one of these days.

Enjoying this beautiful 55f weather today and thinking about the snow that we're supposed to get tomorrow. Based on how the weather has been, I really didn't think that we were getting any more snow this winter!
20170225_171350_zpsrqfaqjym.jpg

How are these? Are these the ones that came in the ceramic mug?
Yes, but this one was not the size that came in the mugs. I enjoyed it very much. I'm a big fan of LFD. I honestly can't remember ever having a bag one.

PHOTO_20170309_174720.jpg
Tried the Caldwell Cigar Yellow Cake today. Mild and tasty. Great for a ride home and at $5 (give or take), it's a great bargain.

As I was picking out a cigar tonight, I thought to myself, what are the reasons I pick which cigar. I then realized it had to do with multiple factors. The top ones are how work was, how the day was, and if I had sex and so on. Tonight I was off from work and am smoking a 1926 40th anniversary if that gives you any hints

As I was picking out a cigar tonight, I thought to myself, what are the reasons I pick which cigar. I then realized it had to do with multiple factors. The top ones are how work was, how the day was, and if I had sex and so on. Tonight I was off from work and am smoking a 1926 40th anniversary if that gives you any hints

So we can assume you had a good day but didn't get laid since you didn't reach for the Opus XXX o_O

Had a Padron Millennium Maduro an exceptional cigar that has aged extremely well. Didn't have the heart to burn the natural one I have since they are rarer, but I will!
Finished off the night with a Room 101 Namabuki Ecuador Filero. If you haven't tried any of Matt Booth's (Marine) cigar lines you are missing out on a good thing, Daruma Gold is worth finding. I just read he is leaving the cigar business, another casualty from the FDA regulations. He started his cigar line in 2009, so he can't be grandfathered in.

One of my favorites....was actually trying to figure out how to put one into the pass.
This is the first one I think I've had. Was sent it last year bad a gift. Not sure if I have another or not but it definitely was a great cigar.

Had a Padron Millennium Maduro an exceptional cigar that has aged extremely well. Didn't have the heart to burn the natural one I have since they are rarer, but I will!
Finished off the night with a Room 101 Namabuki Ecuador Filero. If you haven't tried any of Matt Booth's (Marine) cigar lines you are missing out on a good thing, Daruma Gold is worth finding. I just read he is leaving the cigar business, another casualty from the FDA regulations. He started his cigar line in 2009, so he can't be grandfathered in.
I really like the namabuki tiburón. Going to have to find some before they disappear.
It's not the Ecuador version.

Last edited:
IMG_4032.JPG Am Buena Vista El 08 Corona. Pm have a Padron family reserve no 45 natural lined up.

Post smoke: the 45 was excellent. Started earthy, pepper spice, after about 1 inch in or so, exploded with floral, coffee notes, then about the half toward final third raw sugar/dulce de leche, the real stuff, Mexican milk candy not the artificial dolce de leche stuff. Finished with coffee n sweetness. Pepper in and out throughout the smoke at various levels. Smooth smoke after the opening. Worth the price tag. Initially didn't think so, but when the floral kicked in. Yes. Complex. Roller coaster of flavor. Medium to medium full strength. Full flavored. I preferred the 44, but by a tad bit only. Would buy and or recommend.

C

Last edited:
Had a Padron Millennium Maduro an exceptional cigar that has aged extremely well
Isn't that something like a 17 year old cigar?
I've always seen a lot of references to Top Shelf Padrons not aging well, but am starting to wonder if it is highly dependant on storage conditions. I keep my cabinet at 68, and I'd go higher if I wasn't worried about CCs and Mold.

Fixing to light up a Pepin/Padilla Miami 8/11 corona. Fingers crossed.

Isn't that something like a 17 year old cigar?
I've always seen a lot of references to Top Shelf Padrons not aging well, but am starting to wonder if it is highly dependant on storage conditions. I keep my cabinet at 68, and I'd go higher if I wasn't worried about CCs and Mold.

Fixing to light up a Pepin/Padilla Miami 8/11 corona. Fingers crossed.

I thought the Millies came out in like 2008...maybe wrong. Would be about 9 - 10 years on it though. Still a lot of fun. I haven't seen anything out of my humidor that would support the claim that Padron's don't age well. I pull some out from 2006ish that are absolutely fantastic.

Yes it is a 17 year old cigar made with 5 year aged tobacco. I have a cooled and humidified cabinet, I keep it at 65% degrees and the humidity fluctuates between 64-68 depending on the season. The high number is during the summer and low is winter.

The cigar aged well and smoked well with no relights are any touching up. I have a few more left as well as the older Padron cigars with the single band that I will smoke. Hopefully they will all smoke likewise. Thanks for asking.