• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2020

Found this Aristoff I received a while back from @jfields. From what I can tell from my google detective skills, they sold around 1999-2000. For being a 20 year old NC, I was expecting fairly mild and muted flavors but I was pleasantly surprised! Though one dimensional, the flavors were still
very present. Thanks brother

75BAA65C-D0FB-429C-A807-A5C18CB144C0.jpeg

I've been a loser lately and just too lazy to take photos. The past few nights have seen me burn a few Tat Tattoos, HU Mag 46, a few PLPCs, and last night I chain smoked a UC Maduro and UC Shade... though I should have smoked them in the opposite order. I'm sure there's been a few others, as well.

PLPC followed by a CP "Dominican Overrun". I like these as a second cigar when I'm outside reading at night. They are pretty good, but cheap enough that I don't feel bad about chucking it if I get cold or tired and want to go inside before finishing it. They can occasionally be found on sale for $20/bundle at CP, and I think they are definitely worth that.

Calling on the Cuban experts here. This was a pretty good smoke, but I am under the impression that these are fake. The cut of the band is funky and the gold bands seem to be thicker than some of the pictures I see here on CP (granted many of those I see here are Limited Editions, I would assume they’d still use the same band). I was worried from the start because my folks picked them up on vacation and wouldn’t send any photos before they paid for them. Please lend me your thoughts, thanks in advance.

3A341C76-0DE8-434B-BE2C-FC01F229C4C2.jpeg39DCBE97-85C6-4A14-A5EC-CD0291612F56.jpeg

edit:It definitely has that cuban flavor profile I’ve tried before, I just don’t know it this is what it says it is

Last edited:
Calling on the Cuban experts here. This was a pretty good smoke, but I am under the impression that these are fake. The cut of the band is funky and the gold bands seem to be thicker than some of the pictures I see here on CP (granted many of those I see here are Limited Editions, I would assume they’d still use the same band). I was worried from the start because my folks picked them up on vacation and wouldn’t send any photos before they paid for them. Please lend me your thoughts, thanks in advance.

View attachment 29320View attachment 29319

edit:It definitely has that cuban flavor profile I’ve tried before, I just don’t know it this is what it says it is

You are correct to notice the bad label. Kerning (font spacing), font and font size are way off... also is the embossing not there or just on the lines?

The construction was actually my first red flag... should have a triple cap...

You are correct to notice the bad label. Kerning (font spacing), font and font size are way off... also is the embossing not there or just on the lines?

The text and lines were embossed. I watched a video after smoking that mentioned the triple cap so that kind of sealed the deal for me.

I don't know enough to have said anything definitively (so I didn't), but the font looked off to me, too. There was also something that just looked wrong to me about it. Now it's clear since you mentioned it -- it's the lack of triple cap.

More than likely fake, but enjoy them for what they are. Gifts from your parents, who had great intentions. It's still more than likely Cuban tobacco, just not from a factory :)
Absolutely. It was still a decent smoke, and I am thrilled they would go through the effort