• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2021

FYI -- CCs benefit greatly from about a week in a dry box (discussed previously). Not terrible right out of the humidor, but they really seem to come to life, for the most part, with seven days or so at 60% +/-. The PLPC (Por Larrañaga Petit Corona) is a favorite around here, and very budget friendly when you see the trees instead of the forest. Price per stick is on par or cheaper than many other NCs you'd purchase, though they may seem expensive because they are sold in 50 ct. cabinets.
So besides CC what kinds of sticks benefit from dryboxin? Also what kinds benefit or not from aging

So besides CC what kinds of sticks benefit from dryboxin? Also what kinds benefit or not from aging
Generally, every cigar *should* benefit from dry boxing. CCs tend to smoke best in a state of current lower relative humidity percentage (60%'ish), though definitely store them in your humidor around 65%-70%. Personally (and this is just me; others can chime in with their own experience), I've found that everything from Archetype gets much better after time in The Box. I enjoy the Drew Estate Undercrown Sungrown quite a bit. However, since I moved over here they just haven't been the same. Can't tell you why. I decided to dry box one for a little over a week, and it came to life just like I remember them being. So, I box every one of those I smoke, now. There's a thread on dry boxing around here somewhere (search it out) with a lot of good information. I personally haven't found a cigar where I said, "Man, I wish I wouldn't have dry boxed this", once I was done smoking it. I've had quite a few where I wish I DID box it, though...

*EDIT* As for how I choose what goes in the dry box, since it obviously takes some of the spontaneity out of it -- I have an old humidor with space for about 40 cigars in it. I usually keep it stocked with a little of everything, and throw ones in there that I know I want to smoke soon. Normally, when I take one out, I replace it with something else. I also have a small tube of 60% beads in there, as well.

Generally, every cigar *should* benefit from dry boxing. CCs tend to smoke best in a state of current lower relative humidity percentage (60%'ish), though definitely store them in your humidor around 65%-70%. Personally (and this is just me; others can chime in with their own experience), I've found that everything from Archetype gets much better after time in The Box. I enjoy the Drew Estate Undercrown Sungrown quite a bit. However, since I moved over here they just haven't been the same. Can't tell you why. I decided to dry box one for a little over a week, and it came to life just like I remember them being. So, I box every one of those I smoke, now. There's a thread on dry boxing around here somewhere (search it out) with a lot of good information. I personally haven't found a cigar where I said, "Man, I wish I wouldn't have dry boxed this", once I was done smoking it. I've had quite a few where I wish I DID box it, though...

*EDIT* As for how I choose what goes in the dry box, since it obviously takes some of the spontaneity out of it -- I have an old humidor with space for about 40 cigars in it. I usually keep it stocked with a little of everything, and throw ones in there that I know I want to smoke soon. Normally, when I take one out, I replace it with something else. I also have a small tube of 60% beads in there, as well.
Huh okay for sure. I'll start experimenting with that then

The breakfast of champions, today the coffee and thanks to @CgarDan a mystery smoke. It came unbanded but the wrapper was great even color and the cap, merry it was so precise. From lighting and initial puffs I know this was a CC, just don't know which one. Standard puff yielded cream, oh so nice cream while a retro great me with gentle spice. it was so enjoyable. BIG thanks Dan.

15777423-55DA-486E-82C9-1A17A2AD4FFB.jpeg

The breakfast of champions, today the coffee and thanks to @CgarDan a mystery smoke. It came unbanded but the wrapper was great even color and the cap, merry it was so precise. From lighting and initial puffs I know this was a CC, just don't know which one. Standard puff yielded cream, oh so nice cream while a retro great me with gentle spice. it was so enjoyable. BIG thanks Dan.

View attachment 42230
Glad you enjoyed it Ed

Smoking some really great cigars at @CigarStone cabin this week. Partagas Serie D No.3 EL 2001, Cohiba Siglo IV POS DIC 06. A Culebra Jeff had from 2020 that tasted like it was from 2014. Jeff’s friend Brett @EmergenCigar shared a PSD6 that seemed really good, but my taste buds were fried by that point to truly appreciate it. Also, had a really good OR Oliva V Lancero that I forgot to take a picture of A44E0AF6-FA84-4AFC-AAD9-06F19DF1B3D9.jpegB2FEE13E-BE5A-4480-A098-8C7457B2A51B.jpegD37BC3E3-4293-42DF-8C34-C1843484C581.jpeg