• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2021

View attachment 46760
Does anyone else get a chocolate note from these? They came from the forbidden fruit buys. Thanks.

EDIT : ten days in the "dry box" at 62%. Light up and it's instantly spongy. Very tough to keep lit and keep an even burn. After too many relight attempts, into the garbage it went. Aside from the BRIEF bit of good taste, this one went south. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but the others will sit for at least a year before I do this again. Bummed, especially after all of the great reviews. :mad:

Floyd T
Probably a bad roll. Spongy doesn't always indicate moisture. I had a similar problem with a PLPC recently. 7 days in the drybox, and spongy, relights and bitter taste. I also chunked it. The next one (from the same box) was fantastic.

So these are good huh? Heard some chatter on here about it being a good daily. Would you say better than other premium NC's? Say your comparison is a Undercrown.
Not sure about Undercrown prices, but pretty sure the Quinteros are way cheaper.

Not sure about Undercrown prices, but pretty sure the Quinteros are way cheaper.
Yes you are absolutely correct. On a good sale I can find robustos UC for about 4-5 bucks. Where as I believe the Quinteros go for about 2. So not exactly apple's to apple's.

Yes you are absolutely correct. On a good sale I can find robustos UC for about 4-5 bucks. Where as I believe the Quinteros go for about 2. So not exactly apple's to apple's.
Price aside, I'd prefer the UC, honestly. Quinteros are good for the price, but you get what you pay for. They've been hit or miss, to be fair, whereas Undercrown is consistent time and again.

So these are good huh? Heard some chatter on here about it being a good daily. Would you say better than other premium NC's? Say your comparison is a Undercrown.
I agree with others not a fair comparison. I paid $1.70 a stick and at that price they are a good smoke short smoke that I don't have to worry if I get called away from.

View attachment 46760

EDIT : ten days in the "dry box" at 62%. Light up and it's instantly spongy. Very tough to keep lit and keep an even burn. After too many relight attempts, into the garbage it went. Aside from the BRIEF bit of good taste, this one went south. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but the others will sit for at least a year before I do this again. Bummed, especially after all of the great reviews. :mad:

Floyd T

Bad roll aka construction issue. It happens .......
There aint no 'cure' for a crap rolled cigar; dry box included. That's just a guy (me) being honest.

Last edited: