• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2021

I would love to hear your honest opinion on these? Everyone seems to bad mouth them, along with others in the open series, but I have found them to be decent smokes over the past year or so.
I enjoyed it. However, if I had not already known it was a Cuban cigar then I would not have been able to identify it as such.

I enjoyed it. However, if I had not already known it was a Cuban cigar then I would not have been able to identify it as such.
I look at them as good for what they are intended for… Sporting events, you don’t necessarily want to have a huge nicotine buzz while your standing over a shot on the course or sailing I presume, I have never sailed. So I look at these as good options for these type of activities. Also I have found them to be a really good morning cigar with a good cup of coffee when you want the coffee to be the main event. If you get what I am saying. I feel like their has been a lot of judgement on these based on what they are not and not what they are. Bottom line everyone just send me your Open line cigars and I will properly dispose of them.

edit: we should do a group buy on a couple boxes of Open’s and do a Saturday morning Vherf and Coffee

interesting band(s). The underneath one looks like one from the '64 line. The top band looks like a fancier entry level band. Cool looking though.

Worth a nickel?

Floyd T
Not bad. I got a good bit of flavors with this one. The retrohale sent you straight to hell, even a slight one. Overall, I would easily get a 10’r to put back for a few years. Strong but not overpowering

Not bad. I got a good bit of flavors with this one. The retrohale sent you straight to hell, even a slight one. Overall, I would easily get a 10’r to put back for a few years. Strong but not overpowering

Dammit, Chester! I knew this one, too. You beat me by one post and five hours...

I look at them as good for what they are intended for… Sporting events, you don’t necessarily want to have a huge nicotine buzz while your standing over a shot on the course or sailing I presume, I have never sailed. So I look at these as good options for these type of activities. Also I have found them to be a really good morning cigar with a good cup of coffee when you want the coffee to be the main event. If you get what I am saying. I feel like their has been a lot of judgement on these based on what they are not and not what they are. Bottom line everyone just send me your Open line cigars and I will properly dispose of them.

edit: we should do a group buy on a couple boxes of Open’s and do a Saturday morning Vherf and Coffee
That sounds like a great idea! We split a box a while back, and while they aren't mind opening, I enjoy them. That said, don't think I'll ever buy more.

719290CB-964D-44ED-96CA-0D0AE61706BD.jpeg
Does anyone else get a chocolate note from these? They came from the forbidden fruit buys. Thanks.

EDIT : ten days in the "dry box" at 62%. Light up and it's instantly spongy. Very tough to keep lit and keep an even burn. After too many relight attempts, into the garbage it went. Aside from the BRIEF bit of good taste, this one went south. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but the others will sit for at least a year before I do this again. Bummed, especially after all of the great reviews. :mad:

Floyd T

Last edited: