• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2021

This was the cigar that started me on this journey. If it wasn’t for the NUB I wouldn’t be here today. I’m not sure what it is but I still love the damn things. I don’t enjoy any other cigars with a 60 ring gauge. 54 and below is my wheel house. However whenever I light one of these of I really do enjoy them. I think I’ll always need a tuppidor stashed in the closet with a box of these ready to go. Thankfully their cheap!

The pour is Cream of Kentucky bourbon which was a Christmas gift from the wife. Amazing stuffA9068B06-845B-406F-BCC3-5EEDC920566C.jpeg

This may be stupid, but when I first started getting into cigars I kept seeing Ava Maria cigars and they caught my eye because I love renaissance era stuff and the bands are awesome. I always saw them in the catalogs but never bought or tired them. Well I am finally having one after all these years....View attachment 38420View attachment 38421

What did you think? It's been a long time since I've had one, but I don't recall tossing it, so it must have been alright. Agree on the bands -- as far as elaborate and cool-looking bands go, this one might take the cake.

This was the cigar that started me on this journey. If it wasn’t for the NUB I wouldn’t be here today. I’m not sure what it is but I still love the damn things. I don’t enjoy any other cigars with a 60 ring gauge. 54 and below is my wheel house. However whenever I light one of these of I really do enjoy them. I think I’ll always need a tuppidor stashed in the closet with a box of these ready to go. Thankfully their cheap!

The pour is Cream of Kentucky bourbon which was a Christmas gift from the wife. Amazing stuffView attachment 38422

I remember when those weren't cheap! Glad you like them, though, and I'm glad you ever decided to pick up that first one!

Frilly, as in pink flowers? 😂 Yes, I could see you with that 😊

I use my iPad to log each cigar I smoke, noting the type of cigar, the box code, and how it smokes 1st, 2nd, and 3rd 3rds... not a lot of notes, just some flavors, changes and a score. Sometimes, my notes will turn into a review that I post.
Somehow Bill, I envision your iPad wearing out frequently!:cool:

What did you think? It's been a long time since I've had one, but I don't recall tossing it, so it must have been alright. Agree on the bands -- as far as elaborate and cool-looking bands go, this one might take the cake.
It was pretty good actually. The cigar smoked well, only touched it up at the end. Flavors were not very pronounced but they were there. I bought a 5er and I will certainly finish them. Heck I might even order more at some point

I cannot imagine knowing how many cigars I consume in a year? Not that the number is so high, it's just that I can't remember if I ate today, or what.

Glad you found a home👍

To be honest, I should have never started smoking :confused:
I have had lung issues my entire life; nearly died from pneumonia when I was 21 months of age, had pneumonia at least six times, had flu during many flu seasons, had asthma until I was 15, smoked cigarettes for 24 years, and I won't even go into some of the other 'stuff.' ;)
Let's just say that my lungs should no longer function but I LOVE cigars! 😍

I keep a record of all my purchases, when they go into the humi so, I know exactly how long my sticks have been getting their humidor luvin. 😇
I'm huge on data points, statistics, facts, etc., and I'm a prolific note taker so, keeping a Word file for my cigar consumption has been a great way to track consumption, purchases, likes, dislikes, etc. Some times I actually take notes during a smoke session, as a review, just to be able to read about it at some later time. Call me crazy; Mom would have agreed. 🤣

Last edited:
A few days late ........... this past Sunday I enjoyed one of my ole favorites, an Aston Classic 8-9-8 :)
I believe these are produced by Arturo Fuente so, these are very nice without putting bullet holes in your wallet.
I think this is now my third box of the 8-9-8, and this box has been in the humi now for just over 11 months.
First couple of puffs are kinda grassy but the flavor profile quickly sweetens up to nearly a not so sweet creme brulee.
Not much spice/pepper on these but a minor bit of a pepper pops in & out on occasion. Nice, smooth smoke here; smooth the whole way.
Puffed this one for right at 95 minutes. :D
Pictured below at lighting, 30, 60, and 90 minutes.

Attachments

• # A 00.jpg
    # A 00.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 2
  • # A 30.jpg
    # A 30.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 2
  • # A 60.jpg
    # A 60.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 2
  • # A 90.jpg
    # A 90.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 2

The pour is Cream of Kentucky bourbon which was a Christmas gift from the wife. Amazing stuffView attachment 38422

Nubs were one of the first 5ers I bought as well. Good stuff!