• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2022

Ramon Allones from a great brother whom you know. This has sat around since before my surgery, and I honestly like it. Since I don't do notes what I can say is it is mild+, if not medium. Lite on the front but I get a fullness at the top of the roof of my throat which I personally enjoy. This I would buy and will go hunting after this post.

E6E69164-4E51-46B3-9594-3F4C3BDC914F.jpeg

Isn't that a Colorado Maduro Wrapper?
Just started digging and found a site that does list it as a Colorado maduro wrapper, where most just refer to it as a natural. I’ve never heard of that. So they have this and then the actual maduro version..? Is the Colorado maduro just a lighter style of maduro or what’s the deal?

After having made up my mind that maduro is my jam, I keep finding naturals that I really enjoy. However I still liked the 888 maduro better

View attachment 56347
If it comes to dark vs light wrapper colors I also gravitate toward the dark side 😉. But the real difference is Connie or Connecticut wrapper vs other lighter hues. Connie’s are usually less flavorful and mild but the other lighter Hued ones could be quite good

These guys do a great job describing different wrappers and some cigars made with each one

Just started digging and found a site that does list it as a Colorado maduro wrapper, where most just refer to it as a natural. I’ve never heard of that. So they have this and then the actual maduro version..? Is the Colorado maduro just a lighter style of maduro or what’s the deal?

I don't have any of the CJ4 size, but I have 88s in regular ol' natural and also Maduro 88's. So they make that size in at least 2 different wrappers (pretty sure there's a Candela 88, too). The regular 88s don't say Maduro anywhere, where the Maduros say Maduro. Regulars have a white band, Maduros have a red band.

I'd send you an 88 Maduro to try, but my box has a really, really tight draw in about 3 out of every 4 I've smoked. The good ones are great, the tight ones piss me off.

Last edited:
I don't have any of the CJ4 size, but I have 88s in regular ol' natural and also Maduro 88's. So they make that size in at least 2 different wrappers (pretty sure there's a Candela 88, too). The regular 88s don't say Maduro anywhere, where the Maduros say Maduro. Regulars have a white band, Maduros have a red band.

I'd send you an 88 Maduro to try, but my box has a really, really tight draw in about 3 out of every 4 I've smoked. The good ones are great, the tight ones piss me off.
Link<—- Neptune lists the 88 with a Colorado maduro too. Then there’s also the 88 maduro Link <—-

Yeah, I've seen their site. But the box and the cigars say nothing about Maduro. Notice they say "wrapper color", I've seen that wrapper described as "Colorado", but if you hold a regular 88 up next to a Maduro 88, they look quite a bit different.

Got to the Illusione Cigars 88 website.

"A blend of Nicaraguan Criollo '98 and Corojo '99, and finished with a AAA Grade Corojo Rosado wrapper. Medium to full-bodied and very complex."

Nothing about Maduro, or Colorado, or any of that.

Then they list the 88 Maduro

"A blend of Nicaraguan Criollo '98 and Corojo '99, and finished with a 'Capa Fina'grade San Andreas wrapper. Medium to full-bodied."

If you like the Original Documents 88 and it gives you the same flavor you get from other Maduros, just go with the flow!

Also, if you like Illusione but want a little deeper/stronger smoke, get some Ultras. I got a box of Ultra OP9 and those things rock.

Illusione mentions that those have the Colorado Rosada wrapper:

A blend of Nicaraguan Criollo '98 and Corojo '99, and finished with a AAA Grade Corojo Colorado Rosado wrapper. Full-bodied and very complex, enhanced by a good amount of Ligero from 2 regions in Nicaragua.

Last edited: