• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2022

These arrived last week, and I wanted to try one out after a few days in the humidor. I did a straight cut so it was wide open, and it had a super hard draw. Is this scenario what the little tool you guys use is for? I was pulling as hard as I could and could barely produce any smoke. Brick house fumas maduro corona (5.5x33)

Going to try another one soon just to see if that particular one was a dud.

View attachment 56504

In the interim, I've used one of the fatter paper clips before.. just straighten it out as much as possible and in you go. Slow and steady is the name of the game as you don't want it to take a wrong turn and bust through the binder/wrapper.

A killer bee that I may have gotten from Joe's "how much did I spend on cigars today" contest or a gift from Hayden.
I upgraded my SD card and apparently didnt transfer some of my cigar notes.
Either way thanks to a great brother for turning me on to a great smoke.
20220606_223516.jpg

Yep, draw enhancer (or enhencer to some of the hit and run sales posts). PerfecDraw is the genuine article, you can get 'em on Amazon or direct.

I looked around on Amazon, I noticed some of them look like a long skinny drill bit. Next time this happens I’ll just try out a drill bit from the garage. So the idea is to open a hole down the center to allow the cigar to burn and draw better?

I looked around on Amazon, I noticed some of them look like a long skinny drill bit. Next time this happens I’ll just try out a drill bit from the garage. So the idea is to open a hole down the center to allow the cigar to burn and draw better?
The problem with a drill bit is that when you first start spinning it in, the tobacco that is being bored out has no place to go, therefore there is a risk that it will crack your wrapper due to the pressure. The draw tool has a straight channel to help remove the tobacco which is more effective than the spiral channel of the drill bit. You only have to ruin two or three cigars to pay for a perfecdraw, and I don’t know anyone that’s ever regretted buying one (except for @Thoughts 😉). YMMV

Well, the PerfecDraw isn't really like a drill bit. The idea isn't to drill a hole, it's to pull a little material out a bit at a time.

Watch the video:

Buy from the site:

Buy from Amazon

Yeah I tried making a homemade tool out of an old chainsaw file. While it created a hole, all it really did was push material further down the stick.

Well, the PerfecDraw isn't really like a drill bit. The idea isn't to drill a hole, it's to pull a little material out a bit at a time.

Watch the video:

Buy from the site:

Buy from Amazon

@JoeGibs

The PerfecDraw is seriously a game-changer.

Tell you what, Coach: I believe in the PD so much so, that I will buy it off of you for what you paid for it if you get it and aren't happy with it. I have no affiliation with the product, but I know that it will change your cigar-smoking life if you give it a try.

You asked Jeff for examples. This is a "Look At Me!" post.

He asked what stick it was... and I confirmed that was it. I shouldn't have let him know for certain what it was so he knew?

?

Did you not ask for exactly what Nick provided?

Yes. So if someone asks what a stick is, especially one from me, if I confirm what it is.. that's "look at me".

Ok then... got it. I guess.

Yes. So if someone asks what a stick is, especially one from me, if I confirm what it is.. that's "look at me".

Ok then... got it. I guess.
What they’re saying is you can answer without taking credit. A few posts up someone mentioned a stick that was gifted from one of two people. Neither of those people laid claim, because that isn’t the point of gifting a stick.

What they’re saying is you can answer without taking credit. A few posts up someone mentioned a stick that was gifted from one of two people. Neither of those people laid claim, because that isn’t the point of gifting a stick.

I could care less about taking credit for it. I wanted him to know for certain what it was so he could know for certain. And then I just said, assuming it's the one I sent, it is the Chateau maduro.

Then he knows for sure what it is and not just think I'm assuming. What's this shit with always twisting stuff around and trying to look for something nefarious where it doesn't exist??

Give it a rest already.

I could care less about taking credit for it. I wanted him to know for certain what it was so he could know for certain. And then I just said, assuming it's the one I sent, it is the Chateau maduro.

Then he knows for sure what it is and not just think I'm assuming. What's this shit with always twisting stuff around and trying to look for something nefarious where it doesn't exist??

Give it a rest already.
If it was a one time thing, it would be different, but it's a theme. You seen harmless and there doesn't appear to be anything nefarious behind it, otherwise everyone wouldn't have been so gentle.

ETA: If you could care less about getting credit, it's strange how consistently you want to make sure people know you sent people cigars, gave advice by PM, etc? Some of the most generous people on this board you would never know because it happens behind the scenes.