• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2022

Glad to see you got your hands on a better cutter! 👍

ETA: Does your buddy smoke?

Me too! That bad cutter was what the shop had to use, didn't want to buy one when I have a few at home. My xicar ultra mag combo is almost always with me on the go, but forgot it for our first 2 sticks. The cutter is tiny but hasn't developed any play over usage, and the torch cuts the wind just fine.

He does smoke. We had the last 3 together, reminiscing, catching up, and enjoying some good smokes.

Me too! That bad cutter was what the shop had to use, didn't want to buy one when I have a few at home. My xicar ultra mag combo is almost always with me on the go, but forgot it for our first 2 sticks. The cutter is tiny but hasn't developed any play over usage, and the torch cuts the wind just fine.

He does smoke. We had the last 3 together, reminiscing, catching up, and enjoying some good smokes.

I can't believe a B&M provided you a cutter that did that to your MF. Did they even offer to cut it initially? Anyway, you made the most of it and I'm glad you and your buddy were able to catch up over some sticks. Admittingly, I did get a good chuckle seeing that cut... ! 😛

Switching gears, shortly after I started here I had a great convo with someone about Dissident cigars, namely, Soap Box and Bloc. For the life of me, I cannot find the convo. When I search 'Dissident', the most recent results were before my time. In my PMs, nothing there either. I'm thinking it was a PM and maybe got lost during my name change.

The convo was regarding Dissident before and after the ownership change. I said I thought I had the original boxes of both Soap Box and Bloc, but wasn't sure where. I searched briefly at the time with no success. That is, until tonight when I went looking for a 10 year old box from the first run of Trinidad's new (in 2012!) line called Paradox. Lo and behold, I find the Trins where I thought they were and wouldn't you know it, tucked underneath was the original Dissident Bloc:

20220425_024428.jpg
20220425_024513.jpg

They look fantastic still and I'm pretty sure I know where the Soap Box are, but it'll have to wait until I get some more reorganizing done. To the Brother I was talking to about these, you were wanting to try them and I think we were just gonna do a trade.. but again, that convo is gone so I hope you see this!

Oh yeah.. and here's the Trins from their first run.. had a few and then put the rest away:

20220425_024701.jpg20220425_024743.jpg20220425_024824.jpg

I'm taking out 1 of each to have this evening. Curious to see what the naps have done for them!

Attachments

• 20220425_024521.jpg
    20220425_024521.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220425_024743.jpg
    20220425_024743.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 3
I can't believe a B&M provided you a cutter that did that to your MF. Did they even offer to cut it initially? Anyway, you made the most of it and I'm glad you and your buddy were able to catch up over some sticks. Admittingly, I did get a good chuckle seeing that cut... ! 😛

Switching gears, shortly after I started here I had a great convo with someone about Dissident cigars, namely, Soap Box and Bloc. For the life of me, I cannot find the convo. When I search 'Dissident', the most recent results were before my time. In my PMs, nothing there either. I'm thinking it was a PM and maybe got lost during my name change.

The convo was regarding Dissident before and after the ownership change. I said I thought I had the original boxes of both Soap Box and Bloc, but wasn't sure where. I searched briefly at the time with no success. That is, until tonight when I went looking for a 10 year old box from the first run of Trinidad's new (in 2012!) line called Paradox. Lo and behold, I find the Trins where I thought they were and wouldn't you know it, tucked underneath was the original Dissident Bloc:

View attachment 54625
View attachment 54626

They look fantastic still and I'm pretty sure I know where the Soap Box are, but it'll have to wait until I get some more reorganizing done. To the Brother I was talking to about these, you were wanting to try them and I think we were just gonna do a trade.. but again, that convo is gone so I hope you see this!

Oh yeah.. and here's the Trins from their first run.. had a few and then put the rest away:

View attachment 54628View attachment 54629View attachment 54631

I'm taking out 1 of each to have this evening. Curious to see what the naps have done for them!
That's awesome you found those boxes!!

The B&M is a term used loosly in the Bahamas. It was at a Provisions store on the Albany Resort Property. It was a single blade, plastic frame, flexible cutter. They just grabbed it and cut it, I laughed a bit. Almost asked for a different cigar, but just moved on. It was comical.