• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2023

How soon are you smoking these after receiving them? Not just the Excalibur, but all your sticks?
Well, it depends. They usually get tossed into one of the humidors for a while. A couple of weeks (probably) for this one. Some of the others have been in there a couple of months, I guess.

Well, it depends. They usually get tossed into one of the humidors for a while. A couple of weeks (probably) for this one. Some of the others have been in there a couple of months, I guess.

Yeah, that's about right.. just making sure you're not smoking everything ROTT. Normally that HDM is a pretty smooth smoke. Could just be a little too fresh. Give the rest 6mo nap.. at least.. should help maturation.

I never get these. Arent they just fake cuban cigars? And are they even worth it?

"Worth it" is always subjective. If someone likes them, they are worth it to that person. We all started somewhere. I got many of these same sampler packs from CI and the like with a 50 ct. humi when I had just found this place. And now here I am with more ISOM smokes than I ever imagined I'd set my sights on, a cooler, and two other humidors, all thanks to this fine community!

Yeah, that's about right.. just making sure you're not smoking everything ROTT. Normally that HDM is a pretty smooth smoke. Could just be a little too fresh. Give the rest 6mo nap.. at least.. should help maturation.
hahahahaa - listen - I'm not even certain of all these acronyms. Yet.

My humidors are at 68%. How's that ? Seriously.

If I gotta leave those smokes in the humidor for 6 months, then I'll have to run out and get some Dutch Masters or Philly Titans of Swishers to tide me over until then.

laughing baby.jpg

hahahahaa - listen - I'm not even certain of all these acronyms. Yet.

My humidors are at 68%. How's that ? Seriously.

If I gotta leave those smokes in the humidor for 6 months, then I'll have to run out and get some Dutch Masters or Philly Titans of Swishers to tide me over until then.

View attachment 70250

ROTT = Right off the truck. Which means there's potential for issues due to transit.. namely, humidity and/or temp are way off. Especially if it's been sitting in the back of a UPS truck for 12hrs on a hot summer day. Plus, retailers generally ship with 69% or higher Bovedas.. if at all. Which can be a little high for a lot of sticks.

So stashing them away to acclimate to your preferred readings is recommended. But can be difficult when you want it NOW. And your 68% humi is fine. A few points higher than I personally prefer, but it's much better and easier to shed a few points vs trying to rehydrate a dryer stick.

My maduros and penchant for broadleaf can make for a finicky stick sometimes. Those I like in the 62-65% range. I can't abide a stick that goes all-out wonky on me half in. Getting away from the 70/70 "rule" is fine if you're proactive with the maintenance of your collection.

Cute kid. 👍