• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2023

Out of all the sticks I got today, I chose to smoke the Fugazi Opus Reserva D'Chateau clone ROTT. Why, you might ask? Easy. I don't know. Gotta admit, it was actually a pretty enjoyable stick. Very cedary and oaky, some espresso and a light cinnamon spice that danced with a red pepper flavor throughout the burn. It was well constructed enough, burned a little wavy, required one touch-up and one relight. Is it like an Opus? I dunno, I haven't smoked one in a decade, but the smell from the foot of the gar was somewhat reminiscent of the milk chocolate like smell from the one I've had. I do a dissection soon and a review once they've acclimated for a couple weeks.

Sounds like it's a value at $3! Look forward to the dissection. What's the ship? Is that an old carrier?

Nope. I religiously drybox anything out of TABSA and rarely have any issues. I think the reputation they've had in the last few years for burn issues stems from people smoking them too wet.
Good to know. I’ve had burn issues with some of their cigars, that one in particular, so it’s nice to know it is not just me.

Good to know. I’ve had burn issues with some of their cigars, that one in particular, so it’s nice to know it is not just me.
Nope, definitely not just you. It's almost a meme at this point, online media guys and comments-section trolls lamenting how awful Aganorsa construction has been the last few years. There might be something to it, I don't know. I treat my TABSA-made sticks like Habanos and rarely have issues.

If you aren't already, I'd seriously suggest dryboxing in accordance with Bill's thread about it a few years ago. I don't know what it is about Aganorsa tobacco specifically, but like Cuban leaf, it really benefits from a few days at 62% before smoking.

In San Antonio for a conference. Found a bar with a cigar balcony that allows you to bring your own smokes. I bought plenty of Buffalo Trace. I would never go into a lounge that allows outside smokes, and not give them business of some kind. On The Bend Oyster Bar and Cigar Lounge, on the Riverwalk. Tomorrow I’ll go to the Menger Hotel, next to the Alamo. They have a smokers garden, apparently, off the bar. Looking forward to it.

JL2
UTL FEB ‘1819C75F70-28B1-4FF1-9925-BDD436C4D0DF.jpeg

The Espinosa Laranja Azulejo cigar gets its name from the Portuguese for a tile that has a blue glaze. So... Orange... Blue Glaze. 😎 Great afternoon smoke right here.
Ecuadorian Sumatra maduro wrapper and a Brazilian Arapiraca binder with a mix of Nicaraguan filler.
1675902717009.png

For reasons that would take way too long to explain, I have declared February as non Cuban month.

I am smoking nothing but non Cubans for the month of February.

I am really looking forward to smoking some stuff I have simply been hoarding.