• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night:
An old crusty Cuban Corona, an El Centurion lancero, and a Partagas corona.

Sancho Panza Molino. Plugged...gave it a good effort, but had to give up on it...no amount of massaging was helping to loosen the draw.

Tatuaje Red Verocu Tubo. Once again not impressed.

H. Upmann Magnum 50. One hell of a glorious cigar.

I enjoyed a RyJ Short Churchill from DIC 2007. Absolutely wonderful. Age is really turning this stick into a gem!!

Well I just enjoyed my first outdoor cigar of the season, in this beautiful weather. I pulled a Black Ghost (house roll out of Albany) out of the humi and the thing kicked my ass. Great flavor and a fantastic finish. It left me having difficulty climbing the 3 flights of stairs back to my apartment. As strong as the T110...but without accompanying attitude.

I enjoyed a RyJ Short Churchill from DIC 2007. Absolutely wonderful. Age is really turning this stick into a gem!!
I smoked my last one a while back and I'm missing them big-time! I've heard people dissing them lately so maybe the younger/newer ones aren't as good? Or maybe it's just the age, too.

I just got my Casa Magna Colorado Corona box from Jim at Tobacco Village. Smoking one OTT right now. Tasty, rich with a bit of spice. If you want to try a good Nic Puro that isn't super spicy, this is it. At 6 X 46, it's a bit longer than a classic corona gorda and the presentation is something to behold. Dark, oily wrapper with an embossed gold band. The box is a varnished Spanish Cedar, too!

The PC is spicier, though.

Well I just enjoyed my first outdoor cigar of the season, in this beautiful weather. I pulled a Black Ghost (house roll out of Albany) out of the humi and the thing kicked my ass. Great flavor and a fantastic finish. It left me having difficulty climbing the 3 flights of stairs back to my apartment. As strong as the T110...but without accompanying attitude.

Sorry for the double post hit post button before I was done typing and it wont let me edit. Can you maybe point me in the direction of them Ghost Cigars?

Last night a Montecristo No. 1. Tight draw on this thing for the 1st half before it really began to open up. Not much smoke. Razor sharp burn. It was a fantastic looking cigar, though a bit firm. While it possessed the traditional Monte flavor and twang, it was weak. Much weaker than normal. Was not that enjoyalbe an experience.

In trying to increase my exposure to cigars in general I finally opted to get some ISOM's to open my taste buds to new experiences. Today it was time for a Bolivar Bonita. It is a 5 x 40 Marevas and considered as a full strength smoke. From the first puff it was tasty, nice burn, nice draw. Yes I would buy it again, but for now ; I have 12 other vitolas to try.

Yesterday: The new El Triunfador (#3, I think). Reminded me in every way to a Partagas Petite Corona Especiales. It was very very good.
Bolivar Royal Corona

Today: Undecided as of yet.

Yesterday evening before a date with my wife (don't know why we picked St. Paddy's Day for a date...Manhattan was a zoo) I went to by B&M and picked up an Illusione hl (Holy Lance). First one...had heard a lot about it. It was a bit overhumidified, but I smoked it anyway. It was okay...not as good as I expected. I think of the three lines he has going, I prefer the Cruzados...

Last night's smoke was a Don Pepin "My Father - Le Bijou 1922" Churchill and a bomber of Deschutes "2010 Jubal Ale".

Both were on the mark....a great end to a really s#!tty day.....
tongue.gif

Nothing to fancy. Just a Opus X Shark from the 2009 CFCF box. I'm thinking of smoking another cigar. I had the Opus X El Scorpion yesterday that was pretty potent as well.

Rocky Patel Edge. It was a great smoke, although i did fight with the burn a few times. It had great spice and earthy taste and lasted twice as long as i expected. Almost 2 and a half hours!

Blake.

A HUGE thanks to Pembroke for gifting me a Johnny-O short. I'm blown away by how incredie this smoke is. Thanks again Don.

Status
Not open for further replies.