• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night was a WOAM. Being that today is Veteran's Day, I think I may pull an attack on a Cuban tobacco field designated Monte #2.

Smoking and Opus X Robusto to celebrate the 235th birthday of the USMC.

On a side note Mr. Peat, not overly excited to hear you didn't think much of the Hemingway Classic SGs since I just picked up a couple myself. I did read they would be better aged for a few years so maybe I'll give that a go.
I tried one recently, too. Good cigar but I would MUCH rather smoke a Signature than a Classic, all else being equal. Of course, Fuentes age very well even though Fuente does age their rolled cigars better than most. 6 months, I believe.

I HAD to sample some of the cigars I was selling in my fiver sampler. ;)

'09 Montecristo #2 - these are coming along nicely. Another 6 months will see these open up all kinds of flavor, IMO.
'10 CoRo - ditto. I'll sample another one next year. Much better than a few months ago.
Oliva Master Blend III Robusto - getting these dry enough brings out their spiciness.

Mad jealous of your cuban monte's :p

A. Fuente 8-5-8 today!

I only have four left of a fiver I recently received. Today is special enough to reduce that number to 3. Some day I may actually own an entire box of a CC. It will be prior to the embargo ever being lifted for sure.

Last night I while digging through one of my humidors I came across a nicely box pressed Montecristo Reserva Negra. Don't recall when or where it came from, but figured why the hell not, I've never smoked one of them before. To my surprise, it was actually quite a nice cigar. Not as strong as I expected given the name, very medium bodied with some coffee, wood and chocolate notes. It tasted quite sweet. Really not bad at all. I would certainly smoke one again.

Smoking and Opus X Robusto to celebrate the 235th birthday of the USMC.

On a side note Mr. Peat, not overly excited to hear you didn't think much of the Hemingway Classic SGs since I just picked up a couple myself. I did read they would be better aged for a few years so maybe I'll give that a go.

I don't think much of the Fuente's latest SG's. Even the Cuban Belicoso's have disappointed me this year. I have no idea as I generally love the Cuban Belicoso. I can't say if they will age well or not since they have all seemed "flat" as I call it. I haven't detected any spicy notes in the current Cuban Belicoso, 858 SG or even the Hemingway SG's. Maybe its because of the sinus spray and allergy pill my Doctor at the VA Hospital has me on. Either way, I'm just not a fan of the current SG and you may actually love them. Just remember that tastes is all subjective to the individual smoker. :thumbs:

I did smoke the CFCF 2009 Opus X Perfecxion X today. Now I will begin the fun cigars in a week or so. :thumbs:

Tat Petit Caz Reserva - spicy but very one dimensional. Reminds me how much I miss some of the less expensive but much more interesting small cigars I used to smoke. LVH Early Years Silencio was a great little number at a buck a stick.

La Riqueza No. 3 - I've heard these were mild but I never expected this from the same people that make the T-110 and Pork Chop!

PLPC - :)

Nestor Miranda Special Selecion Coffee Break Rosado
Nestor Miranda Dominicano Coffee Break Rosado
Nat Sherman Omerta
LFD DL-700
Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial Robusto

Bolivar Simones RE Canada, TEB OCT 08, from BobbyRitz. Quite possibly the best cigar I've smoked this year. It's cigars like these that are quickly making me into a Boli whore! The smooth Boli profile on the front end, but with a touch of spice I don't normally get. The spice is really picking up in the second/final third, reminds me of Christmas. LOVE IT! Thanks Rob! :D

Had a few choice smokes last night for the Marine Corps ball:
late 70's Party 898 UV
Cohiba BHK 52
Dunhill Cabinetta

And today while thinking of my brothers and sisters who have served, a mid 70s Boli Inmensa.

Had a few choice smokes last night for the Marine Corps ball:
late 70's Party 898 UV
Cohiba BHK 52
Dunhill Cabinetta

And today while thinking of my brothers and sisters who have served, a mid 70s Boli Inmensa.
You're my hero.

E.P. Carillo Core Line Regalias Real last night in 35 degree weather. Brrr. I thought it was a pretty decent cigar, but nothing spectacular.

I've been too busy to smoke for the last few weeks... whirlwind trip back to the states, packing out my household goods and squeezing in a flight or two... but I finally managed a Illusione Holy Lance tonight. It's always a treat.

AVO heritage during the day & a Cusano 18 Maduro in the evening what a day

What an absolutely gorgeous morning here in the South! Smoking a La Riqueza No. 4 with a couple years on it...mmmmm...mmmmm! :D Excellent with my coffee this morning.

Boli Gold Medal with unknown age. Very mild throughout the first third but it really picked up with some pleasant med. tobacco and earthy flavors in the last 2 thirds. Bit of tight draw but enjoyable nonetheless!

Punch Coronation - mild but enjoyable flavors.

La Riqueza #3 - better than the first one I tried. This is why one should never smoke less than two of a particular cigar before deciding whether it's your cup o' tea. The first one was too dried out to recover but this one was in much better condition. I liked it. I wonder what the smaller vitolas are like. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.